Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Drink Me

June 22, 2014

Whoa. Awesome week of television. Defiance is back on Syfy and what a great opening episode for season two. I won't get into spoilers, but I'm excited about where things are going. Dominion also premiered and I enjoyed watching. I'm hoping we get less exposition as the season progresses, but I'm always down for a good set-up in the first episode. J

Orphan Black. Finale didn't disappoint and once again, twists and turns I totally didn't expect. One of the biggest reasons I love this show so much is it never quite goes where I think it will. I was thrilled to have some additional information and background for Paul—even if it makes him even more mysterious. Putting my Cosima hat on for a moment, this show is like a fractal pattern, every layer that's revealed turns around on itself and spawns into something else. I'm sure I butchered the science angle, but… just watch the show to see what I mean. :D

Tonight's post is from Drink Me, a bonus short featuring the characters from One Hot Mess.

Here's the tagline:

A bottle of alcohol takes on the role of perpetrator in a couple's romp filled weekend. Both would swear the damn thing dared them to drink every last drop.

And a sneaky peek…

The shot glass sat empty on the counter, right beside the equally empty bottle.
Eva looked up and shook her head. Van gave her a sloppy grin.
She dropped her head in her hands. "I swear the damn bottle said, 'Drink me'"
Van chuckled, then laughed. "It did. I heard it." He swayed on the stool. "Several times."
Eva glanced sideways. "Think we missed the last transport back?" She craned her head, slowly, and didn't see any of their teammates in the bar.
Van propped an elbow on the bar and rested his head in his hand. "Probably, but I don't care. I'm off tomorrow."
Eva blinked. "You know what? I am, too." She waved the bartender over. "Mac, gimme another bottle, will you?"
The barman lifted a brow, but produced more vodka. "You might wanna consider letting me get you a room before you finish this one off. I don't let anyone sleep it off in the bar."
Van sat up and almost slid off the stool. "That's a great idea." He dug his card out of his wallet. "Can you really set that up?"
Mac laughed. "Normally, I don't make the offer, but for you two, I'm willing. No way you'll be able to manage on your own."
Eva leaned forward, pouring two more shots. "Give yourself a generous tip, Mac. Van won't mind." She slid a glass in his direction and added a smirk. "Will you, Van?"
Van narrowed his eyes. "Since I probably won't remember any of this in the morning, why not?"
I love writing bonus stories for free reads and this one is no exception.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flip.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment