Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Fireworks

August 17, 2014

I kind of love this time of year. New shows are being buzzed about and my returning favorites are beginning to film their new seasons. My Tumblr dash is full of fun news and tidbits of information about the upcoming storylines. For me, it whets my appetite and makes me hungry for more. J

I'm watching The Last Ship as I type my post for the week and I sincerely hope it gets a second season. Oddly, it's one show I haven't heard anything about. Of course, my schedule blew up and I haven't had time to do my usual search for info. Here's hoping I have a little time this week to do a seek and find mission. J

Tonight's post is from Fireworks, a short story where those lovely and awesome bursts of colorful lights play a role.

Here's the tagline:

Adelle Lizt and Zeth McKibbet are a volatile mix—neither gives quarter when they know they're right. But with two sides to every situation, they find some common ground in a very interesting place—the guest quarters on base.

And a sneaky peek…

Adelle leaned on the railing, the boat gliding smoothly along the water. Strong arms wrapped around her waist and she closed her eyes, relishing the warm ball of desire settling in her stomach. So very different from the first time she'd traveled the river with Zeth.
He leaned in, his breath fanning her cheek. "Stop it. We've come a long way since then."
Her lips curved. "How do you always know what I'm thinking about?" She turned and faced him, placing her hands on his hips.
He grinned. "Because my head's in the same place, but thinking forward instead of back."
She nodded. "I hadn't quite made it to the looking ahead part." She rested her head on his shoulder. "But I would have eventually."
His hands drew her closer. "I know. And we'll find Keith in much better spirits for this year's fireworks display."
She snorted. "Thankfully, we won't have a double show for people to watch." She lifted her chin and met his gaze. "Unless you and I give them one."
He cupped her ass. "We could skip the topside display and have a private viewing in our stateroom." He waited a beat. "Naked."
She chuckled. "Hmmm. I like the way you think."

I have to say it takes a little bit of time for them to get to the place they're at in this scene. J



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment