Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Standard: Meet Marshton Grey

My new blog feature called the Saturday Standard is a fun little sneak peek behind the scenes featuring character interviews and other items of interest—thirteen questions about the setting, plot, or character traits, a collage of inspirational pictures I used while writing, or anything else that strikes my fancy. Each week one of my pseudonyms will post for the new weekly feature.

Today, I'm going to revisit my very first release with Ellipses Press and interview the main characters, Shyler Lumen and Marshton Grey.

This week… Marshton will be answering questions about what drives him—and reveals a small surprise.

Let's get to it…

THE SATURDAY STANDARD

ML Skye: Hello, Mr. Grey. Thank you for agreeing to answer some questions and for letting me ask while en route to your destination.
Marshton Grey: Marshton or Marsh, please. When I'm out of the office, I try to keep things casual.
ML: By out of the office, you mean your headquarters, located in Queen City on Mars. Is that correct?
Marsh: That's our main location, but I have interests all over the galaxy.
MLS: Yes, I see you're on the board of directors for several corporations and have controlling interest in more than a few.
MG: That's true. I tend to keep very busy.
MLS: How do you keep everything going and not get overwhelmed?
MG: I have great people who do a wonderful job helping me out. [He pauses] And even then, I make an occasional mistake.
MLS: Really? Can you give an example?
MG: I'm not at liberty to say at this time, which I know sounds like a cop out, but lives are at stake and I can't put them in jeopardy.
MLS: Goodness. Sounds all very cloak and dagger.
MG: It's not, really. But people close to me are involved and I need to handle the situation personally.
MLS: I would guess, if it's dragging you to the edge of the galaxy.
[Marsh's pilot announces docking is underway]
MLS: Thank you for your time, Marsh. How long will you be staying here?
MG: On Furlough 99? Hopefully not long. I have business interests on the station, but they don't call it the ass end of the universe for nothing.
MLS: [laughs] I've heard many tales.
MG: It's the ones you don't hear about that are the most interesting.

Marshton Grey is a man who's used to getting what he wants. Let's see if he can get past Shyler Lumen in Finding Home (A Furlough 99 Novella).





Available on Amazon



I hope you enjoyed the latest edition of the Saturday Standard. Stay tuned for more in the near future.

Thanks for reading!

Catch everyone on the flip!

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment