Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Kick in the Burn

Whew. Last week's Walking Dead broke my heart. And if anyone caught The Talking Dead afterward, oh… tears were shed during that, too. Trying really hard not to spoil anything for anybody who hasn't seen the episode yet. Gotta give Chris Hardwick so many props though. The guy does much to restore my calm. LOL

Let's see… The Flash / Arrow crossover turned out to be EXCELLENT!! So much fun! Sleepy Hollow's fall finale ended up being better than I expected. Not so thrilled with one of my faves not making it, but I like it when shows don't always go where I want them to.

Which brings me to Sons of Anarchy. Oh… wow. I have a pretty solid idea of how things will shake out in the last episode, but Kurt Sutter has ways of pulling off some serious surprises, so I kind of hope I’m wrong. All in all, I'm actually pretty thrilled with the ones who are no longer around.

Enough TV talk… tonight's post is from Kick in the Burn, a sexy short that sees a hot and heavy end to a really long day.

Here's the tagline:

Jaden Scratch and Ridge Quartermain spend a lot of time comparing notes about flying. Working late into the night filling out fitreps on their pilots, their conversation takes a very personal turn and kick in the burn takes on a whole new meaning.

And a sneaky peek…

Jaden couldn't look at another fitrep.
She tossed down her pen and picked up their previous conversation. "The first time I flew, I thought it was better than sex." She settled back, waiting for Ridge's reaction.
His head shot up. "You've got to be kidding me? Better than sex?" He set his pen aside and closed the file folder.
Jaden shrugged. "What did I know back then? I'd only done the deed twice before I got to fly a crossfighter." But she'd more than made up for lost time afterward.
Ridge didn't need to know that part.
Ridge kicked back in his chair. "Man, I can't remember the first time I flew in a crossfighter. My old man took me out in one before I could even walk. Broke atmo, too." Jaden's lips quirked. She'd heard the tale. Ridge's old man almost got busted back to ensign when he'd taken his toddler son out for a joyride.
Ridge crossed his arms over his chest. "But the first time I flew one was like nothing else I've ever experienced." He got a hazy look in his eyes. "The challenge, the thrill, the freedom…"
Jaden knew exactly what he meant. "And then you kick in the burn and it's like…" She paused, not sure how to describe the feeling.
Ridge finished. "Nothing else in the universe." He nodded.
Her head bobbed in agreement. "Yeah, exactly." She'd fly as long as her eyes held up and her fingers could grasp the joystick.
Ridge straightened. "Except not. Sex is still better than flying. Always will be."
She quirked a brow. "You sure about that?" She didn't disagree, but wanted to push his buttons.
He pondered her. "I guess it must depend on who you're with." Waited a beat. "You've obviously been with the wrong men." His lips twisted in a smirk.
She snorted. "Oh yeah?" She stood and angled around the desk, pushing him back a little before situating herself on his lap. "Prove it."
He arched a brow. "Is that a dare?" His hands grasped her hips, drawing her closer, bringing her into contact with the hard ridge under his fatigues.
She met his gaze. "It's whatever you want it to be."
Yeah, this one is fun. I love banter and these two seem to enjoy it also. :D



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flip.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment