Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Something New

Great television viewing week. I finished up watching all available episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and *sigh* what a great show. From what I gather, the third season might be the last, but I'll live in hope for more. Either way, the finale satisfied me, so bonus points for that.

Teen Wolf. What can I say? I'm intrigued by the possibilities, but I kind of hope making Parrish look like a bad guy is a ploy. I kind of like him. I'm also hoping the desert wolf thread is laying groundwork for next season. More interesting possibilities there.

The Last Ship is so good at keeping me on the edge of my seat. I love how twisty and turny the plot gets. Such a great summer viewing experience.

My Friday night lineup continues to bring good stuff to my screen. Defiance seriously upped its game this season. Killjoys keeps me glued, especially for the sibling bonding but also for the very secretive dance the trio does. John seems like the most open of the group, but I have a sneaky suspicion he may have a few big skeletons in his closet, too. Dark Matter is revealing little pieces of information and I'm liking the glimpses we're getting into the crew's histories. I would like to see a little more movement on who or what put them into the stasis chambers.

Have I mentioned how much I love having new material to watch in the middle of the summer?

Tonight's post is from Something New, a sexy short where my main characters overcome a particular challenge.

Here's the mini-blurb:

The sex is always good between fellow fleet officers Margie Range and Eli Kennington, but Margie wants to try something new. The challenge? They're on a ship deep in the black and the position she wants to attempt needs a lot more space than is currently available, but she won't be denied.

And a sneaky peek…

Margie Range paced the small passage just outside the landing bay. Eli Kennington would have exactly thirty seconds to sign in before she dragged him to the closest flat surface and had her way with him. Ten freaking days proved too long to go without physical contact with him.
Right now she'd almost settle for holding his hand. Almost.
But she truly wanted his entire body, hard and hot, against hers. Too bad she'd have to make do with a quick uncovering of essential parts and a hurried session. Eli had half an hour to get to his debrief.
Next time she'd make certain they were on the same mission.
A firm grasp on her shoulder halted her pacing and Margie turned to face the object of her wildest fantasies.
Eli gave her a quirky smile. "Revved up and ready to go?" He lifted an eyebrow.
Margie loved how well he knew her. "Absolutely." She grabbed his hand and dragged him down the corridor to pause outside an equipment locker, glancing in both directions before she keyed in the entry code to release the hatch.
The lock seal released and she undogged the door, opening it just far enough to squeeze through. Eli quickly followed and pushed the heavy metal shut, entering the digits for a time-release seal. Fifteen minutes of a blissful one-on-one stint. Good heavens, she'd missed—
Eli's mouth captured hers and any other thought fled. She responded, slipping her tongue between his lips, exploring the depths. Her fingers worked Eli's buttons loose and freed his erection. Long, hard, and so warm to her touch.
Eli eased away, making short business of her workout pants, pushing them down past her hips. "As you can see, I missed you." His lips brushed a kiss along her temple. "A lot."

I'm having so much fun with this manuscript. Looking forward to seeing how Margie and Eli enjoy their reunion.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment