Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Stripped to the Skin

So… Mad Max: Fury Road? Kick ass movie. Seriously, an excellent two hours of viewing pleasure. And I'm from the generation that started the whole Mad Max franchise and this movie blows the original ones out of the water. Enough said.

Let's see… Teen Wolf. Can't really say much. I'm sort of waiting to see what happens. This season isn't holding my interest as much as I'd hoped, but I'll reserve judgment until I've seen more.

But my Friday night lineup is kicking everything into high gear. Defiance rocks. I'm always kind of stunned by how quickly the dynamic changes. Same goes with Killjoys. Only two episodes left before a break and I want more. I have a feeling this show will eat my brain in the off season. Not a bad thing. Dark Matter turned in a pretty decent episode, but I can honestly say I'd like tighter writing. First season world building aside, it would be nice to get a little more information on Two, since we've seen a fair amount on the others.

The Last Ship is a little over halfway through its second season and I can't wait to see how things start getting resolved. This is one of those shows I'm stuck between wanting more and being happy a season is short and sweet, leaving me time to savor the goodness before a new one starts. LOL

Tonight's post is from Stripped to the Skin, a sexy short where my characters get hot under the collar.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Kaley Pick and Dax Christopher are trapped in an isolation chamber when a ship wide power outage occurs. The temperature rises and they have to strip to the skin—a perfect time to consummate their growing attraction—except they're not alone. A junior officer is stuck with them and he's not dealing well with the heat.

And a sneaky peek…

Dax shook his head. "I'm not undressing him. You do it." He stepped back, bumping up against the wall.
Kaley put her hands up. "Oh, no. No way. Bird Dog would read way too much into it if I'm the one who gets his clothes off." And she'd never live the disrobing down.
Dax cocked his head to one side. "And how, exactly, would he know?" His t-shirt already had perspiration soaking through.
Kaley narrowed her eyes. "Good point. Which I'm gonna have to throw back at you." She crossed her arms over her chest. "How would he know if you're the one to do it?" Sweat dripped between her breasts and she lowered her arms, trying to cool down.
Dax snorted. "Because you have a big mouth and I don't." He gave up and removed his shirt, daring her with his gaze to claim otherwise.
She couldn't argue. Dammit. She would have a helluva time keeping it to herself.
Kaley growled and knelt down. "Fine." She loosens Bird Dog's fatigues and dragged the pants down his hips to reveal boxers with big lips all over them.
Dax let out a low whistle. "Well, those aren't standard military issue."
She couldn't help it and burst out laughing. "Oh, my holy hell. Those are seriously the only lips that'll ever get close to him." The temperature must be getting to her, tears sprang to her eyes.
Dax lowered down, helping remove Brad's boots. "Hey now, the poor kid just hasn't figured out how to be subtle yet." He tossed the footwear up against the wall.
Kaley yanked the pants off all the way and shoved them aside. "Yeah, well, making a move on me wasn't his best play." She glanced up. "And if he says one word about me being the one to remove his clothes, I'm going to find a way to make you pay for a long, long time." Unable to stand the heat, she grabbed her shirt and yanked it over her head.
Dax lifted a brow.
Kaley shrugged. "Not like you haven't seen me in sports bra before." She fanned her face. "And the pants are next, so be prepared." Rising she popped the button of her fatigues after kicking her boots off.
Dax reached out and grabbed her wrist. "Hold up, Kales. It might not be the best idea to strip down." His fingers trailed along her forearm. "Robinette obviously needs to be cooled down, but you and I aren't suffering like he is."
Kaley huffed out a breath. "Speak for yourself, Dax. I'm dying here." She met his gaze again. "Aren't you?"
Dax stepped back. "Yeah, I am. But…" He glanced away. "We'd be tempting fate. Hot or not, the less you have on, the harder it'll be to resist what I want to do." His voice dropped to sexy growl. "What we both want to do."
Kaley's eyes widened. "Really? You pick now to poke a stick at the big, bad attraction we have?" She undid the rest of the buttons on her fly. "Get over it, Dax." Pushing the damp fabric past her hips, she used her feet to anchor the legs and remove the garment. "Why not, for pity's sake?"
He grabbed her biceps and turned her to face him. "Because it's only going to get hotter in here and that means keeping our heads on straight will get harder, if not impossible."
Kaley huffed out a breath. "Which also means whatever happens can't be held against us. Did you think of that?" She quirked an eyebrow.
Dax opened his mouth then snapped it shut.
Victorious, Kaley nodded. "Exactly. Now lose the pants."

This sexy little short is so much fun to write!



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment