Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Snippet: Zipped Lips

Happy Easter to those who observe and celebrate. We're having some lovely weather in Ohio, which might only last twenty-four hours because—hello!—it's Ohio. LOL I'm still battling the flu… apparently I got the full two-week version. Yay, me.

That said, I did enjoy my week of new shows on television. The Walking Dead followed up the Carol / Maggie excellence with another terrific episode. I'm still not all that excited for Negan to show up, but eh, we'll see what happens when he does.

Gotham took a turn I didn't expect and I'm definitely interested in where things go from here. Nygma is one crafty, creepy dude. The Magicians continues to keep me intrigued. I truly love the dynamic between Penny and Quentin. The Lost Girl finale had me sobbing… again. I'm going to miss that show so much. Bitten twisted the spikes in a little deeper, but I loved the spin with making Rachel the one with powers instead of Rocco. Awesome to see Paige again.

The Flash made a reveal I didn't expect until the end of the season, so kudos for keeping me on my toes. Arrow took a turn I didn't exactly like, but I'm in for the long haul with Oliver and company. Looking forward to a new Legends episode this week.

Agents of SHIELD keeps getting better and better. I'm excited for the Most Wanted spin off. I love those characters.

The finale for Murdoch Mysteries proved excellent. I can't believe they keep coming up with great stuff after almost ten years. Here's to another terrific season whenever it premieres.

And that's the television update for this week.

Tonight's post is from Zipped Lips, a sexy short based on the prompt "Keeping quiet is half the fun".

Here's the mini-blurb:

Details of intimate encounters are spilled during a rousing card game and recent hook-ups are brought to light, but Keavy Smart and Gresham Young have the best secret—trying to keep quiet is half the fun and zipped lips means none of the crew is the wiser.

And a sneaky peek…

Keavy Smart pulled a chair up to the card table and plopped down, waiting for the next hand to start or a round of drinks to be served. The usual suspects were present and accounted for. Mark Bynum acted as dealer and ringleader. Lara Sullivan and Masha Jones flanked either side of him and kept a lively run of dialog going. Willa Upton and Jake Founder held the next two spots at the table. Holding the final place, Gresham Young, rocked back on chair, lifting the front legs from the floor.
He checked his cards before folding. "I'm out." He tossed his hand on the scarred surface of the table.
Mark nodded. "And Young is out. That leaves me and the two beauties." He referred to Lara and Masha, who each flashed him a smirk.
Lara raised the bet and Mark called. Masha won the hand and did her standard happy chair dance, whooping and yipping her victory.
Jake rolled his eyes. "Geez. It sounds like she's having sex." He pushed back, got up, and went to the bar.
Willa snorted. "And how would you know?" She waggled her eyebrows.
Jake returned to the table and poured shots. "Are you kidding? Not like she knows how to be quiet." He slid a glass down to Masha then raised his in a toast.
Masha clicked her tongue against her teeth. "That's not me you're hearing. It's Lara."
Gresham choked and sputtered. Keavy thanked the universe she waited to down hers. She held the shot, waiting to see if anything else came spilling out.
Lara didn't disappoint. "Hey, not my fault. When you've got four hands working you over, they can pretty much hit every. Sensitive. Spot."
Willa's mouth dropped open. "No. Way. Who's the lucky third party?" Her gaze scanned everyone sitting at the table.
Lara huffed out a laugh. "Well, it's not Jake, because he's usually sharing your bunk."
Willa blushed, but shrugged, unable to deny the dig.
Mark raised his hand. "Uh, the lucky dude who gets to double team Lara is me." He leaned in toward Willa. "By the way, you two aren't exactly quiet. Just saying." He downed his shot and poured another one.
Keavy quickly tossed her drink back. She had a feeling she wouldn't escape the conversation unscathed.
Jake jumped back in. "Look, I challenge anyone to keep quiet during sex. In fact, I don't know anyone who can."
Masha quirked a brow. "Oh really? Smart and Young seem to have mastered the whole silent sex thing." She settled back in her seat. "Care to enlighten us?"
Gresham frowned. "That would imply Keavy and I are having sex." He stopped there.
Lara shook her head. "She didn't say that. Maybe neither of you is getting any."
Laughter broke out around the table.
Mark added his two cents. "Or we'll get two good versions of how to keep it down while getting hot and heavy."
Keavy finally broke her silence. "The secret to not making noise is…" She topped off her glass and downed it then waited until all eyes were on her, except for Gresh's. "Going to stay a secret." She grinned when a chorus of groans met her non-answer. "And on that happy note, I'm going to bow out and go find someplace a little less crowded to blow off some steam." Rising, she made a quick exit and headed for the gym.

I'm having a lot of fun with this one. Can't wait to see where it goes.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment