Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Every Last Drop

A very Happy New Year to all!

Hope everyone survived the holiday season and 2017 is starting out with peace and joy.

I finished up my Great Holiday Show Binge Watch Extravaganza for the most part. Mainly single episode shows from a wide variety of dramas. I still have a couple of shows on my DVR that I'll watch after everyone goes back to school and work.

Started a binge watch of the reboot of Hawaii Five-0. After watching the Christmas episodes, I had enough interest to start the series. So far, I'm enjoying the reboot and started season two yesterday.

Looking forward to the return of my regular shows this month.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Every Last Drop, a bonus scene featuring Effy and Jonah from Unlawful Acts.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A bonus scene where the last cup of coffee can make or break someone's day… depending on who gets to it first.

And a sneaky peek…

Effy tucked one of her stakeout bags under the chair in the van. She always came prepared, especially when surveillance only required minimal effort. Changing a camera angle or adjusting a microphone didn't take a lot of work.
But someone needed to man the controls and they always worked in teams.
Setting up the equipment, she muttered. "If Jonah sicced Piney on me, I'm going to cheerfully kill the man." She grabbed a thermos from her second duffel and chuckled. "At least I got the last of good stuff.
The back door opened and Jonah popped his head inside the van. "What's this about cheerfully killing me?" He ambled up inside and dragged a large canvas satchel in with him.
Effy blinked, surprised beyond reason. "What're you doing?" Complaints about Piney aside, she hadn't expected Jonah to take the shift.
Jonah shot her a lopsided grin. "Apparently not dying tonight." He unzipped his case and rummaged around. "Cheerfully, though? Geez, Effy, that's a little harsh, isn't it?"
She lifted a shoulder. "Maybe. But since it's not a cause for concern, we'll just forget I said that, right?" Her brain couldn't quite wrap around the idea of Jonah doing surveillance with her.
Jonah glanced up. "Good. Now that we've established you're not going to kill me, I can deliver the bad news."
She braced for the worst. "Please tell me Piney's not outside waiting to ruin my night."
Jonah laughed. "Come on. I wouldn't do that to you." He waggled his eyebrows. "Especially since you were up until the wee hours this morning." He sobered. "Actually, we're pulling a double, meaning you'll be up until dawn again."
Effy straightened. "What? Why?" Wait, why complain?
At least she had a hot man to spend the next eight hours with.
Jonah pulled out another thermos of coffee. "How about I sweeten the deal with some manna from heaven?" He set the carafe beside hers. "You're not the only one who has pull with the galley crew."
Effy smiled. "Consider me all in for the double then."
Not much of a date night, but they didn't flaunt their couple status to anyone.
And Jonah ranked way higher than Piney Underwood ever would.

I love to write bonus scenes and revisiting Jonah and Effy is so much fun.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment