Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Everyone Has a Skill

July 13, 2014

Greetings!

Whew. I'm coming off a really long week but I did have time to watch Defiance and Dominion. And if all goes well, I'll be watching The Last Ship tonight.

Tonight's post is from a bonus short, Everyone Has a Skill, and features Lita and Ollie from All Jacked Up.

Here's the tagline:

A bonus scene where our heroes are trapped behind enemy lines and only one paid good attention during survival training. The other had more fun memorizing the armory's weapon selection.

And a sneaky peek…

Lita woke up to find Ollie digging in the dirt. "What the hell, Ollie? We're not getting into trench warfare here." She sat up, stretching out the kinks from slumber. "We're waiting on a safe way to hitch a ride out of this hellhole."
Ollie nodded. "Right… and who knows when that might be?" He scooped more dirt out onto the large pile.
Lita yawned. "So, what? You're digging our graves, then?"
Ollie snorted. "No, Lita. I'm digging for ginsa root. It's out of season, but if get down deep enough, I'll find some." He glanced up. "I know it."
Lita frowned. "Ginsa root? It's edible, I take it?"
Ollie shot her a withering look. "Did you sleep through survival training?" He dug out another shovelful.
Lita shook her head. "No, I just didn't pay attention to the eating twigs and bark part. Never thought I'd have to worry about it." She moved closer, trying to see the root Ollie wanted her to consume.
Ollie huffed out a breath. "Good thing I listened, isn't it?"
Lita smirked. "I'll bet you took notes, too."
Ollie rolled his eyes and didn't comment.
Lita laughed and rifled through her pack for something to dig with. "Hey, everyone's got a skill… and yours might just save our lives."
Looking forward to seeing how this one ends up concluding. J



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flip.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment