Friday, December 5, 2014

Smokin' Hot—Midwinter Crises Book Boyfriend Celebrity Lookalike




Welcome to the Hot for Friday blog hop!

Readers: Enjoy posts from authors with fun weekly tasks or a cool question.

Authors: Get in on the fun and join here.


For this week's entry, we were asked: Who is your book boyfriend's celebrity lookalike?

FUN!!!

And seriously? Apropos. I almost always have actors and actresses serve as my writing inspiration. It's great to have visual imagery as a point of reference when creating characters.

Since we're close to the holidays, I'd love to share my book boyfriend for Midwinter Crises, book one of the Capital City Seasons series.

Series Tagline: Capital City Seasons: High stakes adrenaline and hot romance are an explosive combination.

Book Tagline: When a madman wants to blow up the city during the Midwinter holiday, it's just another day on the job for Ben and Jess.

So… without further ado…

Please meet the very handsome celebrity lookalike for my hero Ben Murphy.

Jamie Bamber
   


Some background… Jamie first caught my attention when he starred in Battlestar Galactica as Captain Lee 'Apollo' Adama. After wiping the drool from my TV screen, I quickly looked up what else he'd acted in and kept myself entertained during the hellaciously long BSG hiatuses by watching everything I could get my hands on.

The biggest thing I walked away with? The man has chemistry with everyone. No kidding. Probably everything, too. I'm pretty sure he could make a fence post emote. Just saying. LOL

When I started writing Ben Murphy, I definitely had Jamie in the forefront of my brain. Actually, he serves as inspiration for quite a few of my characters. J

A little character detail. Ben Murphy is a smooth negotiator. He's the go to person in a crisis, very much in demand. His unflappable presence, his grace under pressure keeps him very busy, to the detriment of his personal relationship with Jessa Muldoon.

Murph's been gone a lot since his break up with Jess, but he's back in town—just in time for the holiday—to stop a madman who is holding the city hostage.

And, lucky him, he'll get to face Jess while he's there. LOL

A few more images for your entertainment (and maybe some inspiration…)


If you're interested, here are a few examples of where to find Jamie.

Series Credits

Hornblower Movies
Monday Mornings
Law and Order: UK

Guest Starring Credits

Dollhouse
CSI: Miami
NCIS

~*~



~*~

Series Blurb: Meet the men and women of Capital City. They work hard on the front lines and behind the scenes to keep the city safe and sometimes… they find love in the middle of a tense situation.

Capital City Seasons is a futuristic series set on a different planet. The inhabitants are descendants of Earth ancestry, but the books don't focus too much on how they got to their current location, but do mention historical points in their past.



Book Blurb: Mixing the holidays with a guy who wants to blow up the city is just another day on the job for Ben Murphy and Jessa Muldoon.

Capital City teems with tourists, shoppers, and anyone else who can cram their way into the limits for the Midwinter celebration. The entire holiday will go to hell in a hand basket if Ben can't negotiate a peaceful resolution with the man holding the city hostage. If he fails, sharpshooter Jess will step in and take the guy out.

Not exactly the post-breakup reunion scenario Ben has in mind for seeing Jess… but he'll take it. He let work split them up once, now it has a chance to bring them together. Ben will take the opportunity and run with it.



~*~

Thank you for stopping by.

Please feel free to stop by my website


And don't forget to enjoy the other Hot for Friday samples!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I can definitely tell how he can be so...inspiring ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. He's definitely got my attention. Almost ten years later and he's still my go to hero. :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete