Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Snippet: Domestic Partners

Ugh. It's been a long week with terrific and terrible happenings. In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, I'm choosing to focus on the terrific. I'm the proud owner of a new to me car! Very excited to have an extra vehicle. Yay!

Television didn't disappoint again this week. I only half-watched The Walking Dead, mainly because I had several deadlines I needed to meet. I'll be front and center tonight for The Librarians, one of my favorite escapist shows.

Gotham upped the stakes again and I'm truly interested in where things go from here. I love the interaction between Cobblepot and Nygma. Seriously, I would probably watch a spin-off show of just them. LOL

The Flash laid some groundwork for the showdown with the Alchemist. Looking forward to the crossover episodes starting on Monday.

Arrow had a great episode. Loved the gestures of friendship and the twisty betrayal at the end. Kind of leaning toward knowing who the vigilante is, but excited for the reveal… eventually.

Legends of Tomorrow is doing an awesome job of making the hiccups and ripples count. I like not really knowing for sure how much they're affecting their futures by messing about in the past. Fun times.

I got a late start to MacGyver's episode and need to catch up on the beginning, but another enjoyable way to spend the thirty minutes I did get to see.

Still need to watch this week's episode of Murdoch Mysteries, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the previous week's offering. It's nice to know more about Miss James.

Putting together my holiday show binge watch list. Starting Friday, the holiday tunes and television screen will be filled with merry making fare. LOL

Tonight's post is from Domestic Partners, a novella about a couple in love but their differing views on the future drive a wedge between them.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Tabby and Hale pretend to be domestic partners to keep the man who killed her husband from getting his hands on her. But when they're forced to live together, sparks and tempers fly, because Tabby broke a promise she made to Hale and he's not going to let her forget it.

And a sneaky peek…

Tabby Marsh threw her head back. "God, yes, Hale. Right there." The man had magic in his fingers and thrilling precision with his rock hard dick.
He hit every sensuous spot, driving her over the edge into bliss.
Tabby came apart, shuddering through an orgasm. She collapsed on top of his chest and didn't blink when he shifted out from under her, leaving her sprawled slightly on her side. He rose to his knees and reentered her from behind, smoothly thrusting into her wet sheath. Tabby fisted a hand in the sheet, closing her eyes in ecstasy. From this angle, his cock nudged her g-spot and he'd have her hovering on the brink again in no time.
His hand gripped her hip, fingers digging into the flesh. "Damn, you're hot, Tabby." His hips pumped back and forth.
She angled her head around, meeting his gaze. "Hot for you, Hale. You make me wild with love." Squeezing her internal muscles around his hard shaft, she whispered. "Come for me, Hale. I'm ready to go again." No lie, the friction of Hale's prick started the steady thrum of an impending release, coiling outward from her core and spreading to her nerve endings.
Hale flexed forward, pulling back one more time before sinking deep and coming hard. His breath rasped and he moaned low in his throat. When his thighs finally gave out, he toppled sideways, hooking an arm over Tabby, hauling her close.
His lips brushed over her temple. "Never gets old, Tab. I could die tomorrow and still come back for more." He cupped a breast, circling her nipple with his thumb.
Tabby shivered, loving the sensations still running through her. "And that's why I love you, Hale Wiczen. Stamina, strength, and swearing you'll haunt me for sex." She turned to face him. "You and me… can't go wrong."
Hale's lips curved. "Especially if we get the call to start training for the explorers." His fingers brushed her bangs to the side. "We'll know soon. I can't imagine anything better than having the woman I love by my side doing the job we've waited years for." He let out a yawn.
Tabby schooled her features. "Would be nice. But we can't count on getting the call up." They'd argued more than once about the topic.
And Tabby couldn't handle starting one now.

Tabby's issues with impulse control land her in the fire more than once. It's nice when Hale finally understands why.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flip.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment