Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Matchmaker's Men

It's been a weird week but also a productive one. I can't quite believe March is almost over. My middle kid has gallbladder surgery on Tuesday and my youngest kid has a long weekend coming up and I'm kind of excited to have everyone home.

Very slow work week so I got to focus on writing again. Made a lot of progress on the back end with a good bit or organizing and updating files. I got some new projects launched and made a big dent in some older ones that have been on the back burner. It's always nice to feel productive.

Also got some cleaning done, which is terrific and long overdue. I've been setting a timer and sticking with one area for that timeframe. Seems to be working well so far. I pick a room, set the limit, and get busy. Makes the job seem less daunting.

On the television front, I got three arcs of Classic Who watched this week. I'm almost finished with season fourteen and I miss Sarah Jane but Leela is pretty fun. I don't think I've seen any Leela episodes so it's kind of fun to see new fare.

I also watched several more episodes of The Muppet Show. I'm about halfway through the first season and other than remembering how annoying Miss Piggy's karate chops are I'm having great memories.

Caught the second part of Silent Witness and finished out the ninth season. I'll be starting ten this week.

Got another episode of Peak Practice in and should have one more for the second season then ready to start the third. I'm not sure how long Jack and Beth will be sticking around but I'm really enjoying this show.

I also got to catch an episode of Murdoch Mysteries. I'm behind on the new season, but I like to binge this show so I'll get caught up soon.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Matchmaker's Men, a sexy short that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Nova Anell and Matz Yarmacher belong together, but neither wants to be the first to admit it. But when their crew mates start working behind the scenes to put Nova and Matz together, they have no choice but to face what they feel and decide what to do next.  

And a sneaky peek…

Dammit, he's right. She hadn't thought to ask if he wanted any of the crap she'd been doing. "Why didn't you say something?" She propped her butt on the table.

Matz shrugged and sat next to her. "Good for morale. Everyone was having so much fun … I didn't have the heart to stop it." He nudged her shoulder with his own. "Sorry about that."

Nova snorted. "Yeah, well, they were enjoying themselves." At her expense, too. How often did that actually happen?

Matz turned toward her. "You don't have to do this, you know." He glanced at his watch. "Your forty-eight hours ended about fifteen minutes ago."

Nova opened her mouth to correct him when it hit her. "You were late on purpose." He didn't deny it and Nova didn't know how she felt about that. Kinda pissed actually, especially after working herself into a damn frenzy over the whole thing. "Why?" An unpleasant thought hit her. "Wait … you don't want the whole shower thing, do you?" As much as Nova hated to admit it, the idea disappointed her.

Matz answered honestly. "No." He frowned and realized that must've come out wrong. "Wait, I mean yes." He winced and his mouth worked, opening and closing. "Geez … what I mean is having you as my personal shower assistant wouldn't be a bad thing." His lips quirked up in a half smile. "As if." Rising, he turned toward his locker and yanked his tanks over his head. "But if you're gonna play that role, I'd rather it not be a payoff for a debt." Lowering his shorts, he stepped out then turned back around.

She'd quickly made a decision about how to proceed but needed to see his reaction to see if she'd made the right one.

His head cocked sideways and he blinked … probably wondering if he might be seeing things.

Nope. He's definitely not.

I like this story and it's a lot of fun to write Nova and Matz. And their crowd of friends sticking their noses in where they don't belong.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment