Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunday Snippet: Intimate Bond

And our above normal temperatures are over for now. Most of the week ended up being kind of hot and humid. Friday brought some rain and cooler weather, like a twenty-degree drop. It definitely feels more like fall.

Busy with work projects and I'm getting closer to launching the new venture I've been working on. I'm not quite ready for prime time but I'm getting there. So excited!

Kind of a slow week for viewing television. I had some distractions and ended up being focused on other things.

I caught another episode of Agatha Raisin and thoroughly enjoyed it. Agatha might end up getting her man, but my big question is whether she'll want to hold on after she gets him. I kind of like the true to life vibe this show has.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness and actually kind of enjoyed the twisty turns this one took. Also enjoyed seeing Nikki and Matt try to work through a bumpy bit.

Caught another episode of Death in Paradise. I'm somewhere in the middle of whether I like how the commissioner tries to nose in these early seasons. I love the character and I like how he interacts with the others even if I'm not completely sure if he's 100 percent legit sometimes.

Watched another episode of Only Murders in the Building. Lots of little shout outs to Broadway in this episode and I liked that. Also loved seeing Oliver's son so concerned about his dad. Kind of bummed there's a new detective, but holding out hope we'll see our favorite one later.

Started season three of my Battlestar Galactica rewatch. The opening episode ranks right up there with "33" for being so well done. The next episode is also stellar. Can't wait to watch it again.

Enjoyed an episode of The Batman. The Joker returned and wreaked havoc per usual, which is always fun. And Alfred's snark was on point as always.

Watched an episode of Classic Rugrats. Kind of fun to see some bumps in adjusting to having Dil in the mix. I'll always have a soft spot for the first five seasons because those were the ones I watched the most with my oldest kiddo, but I also enjoy the newer seasons because they have a larger dynamic, especially when two more characters are added to the mix.

Started another episode of VIP and should finish it up later today. I forgot how many dream sequences this show had whether it be sleeping or waking ones. They're always kind of odd but fun.

That's pretty it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Intimate Bond, a novella that brings a couple together during a particularly rough time.

Here's the miniblurb:

Lindsay Redd has a big problem with one of her pilots, but when the younger woman goes down in flames, Lindsay can't let go of her grief. Doyle Ingersoll has to find a way to push Lindsay back into top-gun form and isn't above using sex to make it happen.

And a sneaky peek…

Doyle knew Lindsay's game—even if she considered her hunting him down for sex anything but a game.

He stealthily kept watch. He'd draw her out—when the time came. Until then, he'd drop a few subtle truth bombs.

He started by leaving a coffee for her after a long shift. He corralled her after-action reports when she pulled back-to-back shifts. He even replenished her shower kit when he noticed she'd run out of several items.

And he never said a word about any of it.

Lindsay came strolling into his office and sat down, studying him for several long moments.

Doyle quirked a brow. "If you have a need for something hot and aggressive, you'd better lock the door." He waited a beat. "And this time say what you want up front." He didn't have an issue with being a hard body for her, but he wanted to hear her say the words.

Her face flushed. "Why?" She arched an eyebrow.

Doyle bit back a sigh. "Because I'm game for almost anything but getting caught with my dick out isn't on the list." Something she should know.

She made a growling sound and rolled her eyes. "No, I get that part. Why are you doing shit for me? Being nice." Her hand waved back and forth as if that explained anything.

Doyle huffed out a breath. "Look, Linds, aside from the sex thing, I'm not doing anything for you that I wouldn't for anyone else." How did she not understand?

And, okay, maybe he did pay more attention to her, but why wouldn't he? They'd been friends forever. And he cared about her, dammit.

Lindsay raised her eyebrows. "Lurking in the background? That's something you'd do for anyone?" A small smirk crossed her face.

Doyle frowned. "If that's what you think I'm doing, you haven't figured things out yet." He got up. "I have somewhere else to be, but you're welcome to stay as long as you want." He strolled out, whistling a tune, outwardly showing normalcy.

Inwardly, disappointment threatened to choke him. And, okay, maybe a twinge of frustration over her still not getting it. But … he'd give her some space and see if she'd come around.

This story went in a direction I didn't expect, and I love when that happens. Lindsay is a tough nut to crack even if Doyle knows exactly what she needs.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment