Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Matchmaker's Men

Ugh… what a week. I've been down with a combination of cold / flu symptoms. I'm pretty sure I've pulled at least three different muscles from coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose incessantly. Bleh.

Not a bad week for television viewing. The Flash had a girls night out that brought Felicity Smoak over from Arrow and entertained in a big way. Legends of Tomorrow kind of disappointed me by bringing Damien Darhk back, even if the fight sequence proved to be very entertaining.

Arrow also had a great episode. Loved getting to know Dinah's former partner and have some background there. I'm fond of the actor who's in the role and look forward to seeing more of that storyline play out. Also liked having Oliver work with Slade. I'm excited to see where that goes, too.

Riverdale turned things up to triple digits. I'm still liking my theory about who the black hood is. Alice's past coming out and her reaction made the whole show for me. I want to see that story explored a little more. My one true hope? The snake charmer ends up being Alice's long, lost sister. How much fun would that be?

Once again, I have to catch up on Gotham. The whole cold / flu thing had me napping when it was on. LOL

The holiday movie overload is ongoing. I thoroughly enjoy the cheesy, sappy, happy fare. I've even watched a couple of them more than once.

Looking forward to more terrific TV this week. Tonight's post is from Matchmaker's Men, a sexy short with two characters who have a whole crew trying to set them up.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Nova Anell and Matz Yarmacher belong together, but neither wants to be the first to admit it. But when their crewmates start working behind the scenes to put Nova and Matz together, they have no choice but to face what they feel and decide what to do next.

And a sneaky peek…

Matz had waited for something like this. Frankly, it shocked him she'd taken this long to reach the point of a meltdown. He'd wondered if she'd make the full forty-eight hours before she lost her grip and went bug ass gonzo on the crew—or worse—on him.
Looked like he got the prize. And he hadn't even come up with anything for the list. Hell, in all likelihood, he'd have let her off the hook and called things even. Enough for him that he'd won.
Probably why the crew had their ideas readily available. Matz tried not to play favorites and cut everyone slack, but he had a soft spot for Nova. She got away with shooting her mouth off more than anyone else. But she usually had valid points and they helped keep him in check.
The others got to have their say if they needed to get something off their chest. Matz had an open door policy and he let anyone enter and exit as often as necessary. But Nova never used an easy entry when she could take aim and blast through a wall instead. Proprietary be damned.
She paid the price—brig time, reprimands, revoked passes—as often as she got off the hook. Nova went to the mat when she had a strong opinion and while it earned her the respect of the regiment, it didn't do her any favors with the brass. She walked a very fine line sometimes.
And backed herself into corners to save face. Like now. The crew got their licks in. They loved her but also had gleeful moments when she went down a peg or two.
Pushing away from the bulkhead, Matz spoke quietly. "First… you lasted a hell of a lot longer than I thought you would. I gave it maybe twenty-four hours before you'd decide to say fuck it all and be done." He slowly advanced in her direction and she backed up, looking skittish, and bumped into the table behind her. "Second… no one, not even you, bothered to ask me what I wanted you to do for me." He stopped a few feet away from her and waited for her response.

Matz catches Nova off-guard and it's fun to write her reactions. Looking forward to seeing this one completed and ready for public consumption.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment