Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Submit

October 7, 2018

Well, hello, October! This is one of my favorite months. The weather usually gets cooler.
The leaves start changing. And Halloween is just around the corner! It also means the holiday season is looming fast and furiously. Ugh. I'm not ready this year. LOL

Rough week with work and unexpected scheduling conflicts. I did get to watch some good television though. Caught the third episode of Strike Back's fifth season and had a surprise visit in the form of pictures from Stonebridge and Scott. I'm definitely intrigued! I also think I finally made the connection I needed to make. I'm slow sometimes.

The Last Ship seriously keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'm so sad and angry over a certain loss, but I totally called plot point even if it's a little disappointing. Caught the finale of Chicago Fire just in time for the new season to begin. I'll be behind per usual, but I'm glad I got to watch it.

Luke Cage is pulling some interesting things out of the woodwork. I'll admit I'm a little confused with where they're planning to take this season. That said, I love this show. And there's no Trish to really muck things up. Just saying.

Passionflix's Driven is so good. I watched the fourth episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the new holiday movie they have planned.

Murdoch Mysteries started their twelfth season with a fun episode. I always look forward to this series and the new twists and turns Murdoch and Julia and the rest of the cast face.

Caught a few more episodes of Peter Gunn's first season. The noir feel of this show never fails to make me happy. Penny Dreadful is seriously creepy sometimes and I'm kind of on the fence about whether I like it or not. LOL

Caught another episode of The Dresden Files and it was one I remembered liking a lot when it originally aired.

Rounding things out for the week, I caught an episode of Killjoys and love where things are going. I'll be so sad to see this show end next season.

I started the final episode of Canal Road and didn't have the chance to finish it yet. It's on the agenda for tomorrow.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Submit, a novella with a tie-in to Furlough 99.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Lena Stoll and Welles Abernate work security on a large space station. While the job pays well, the stress level can quickly skyrocket, but Lena comes up with a great solution—she acts as a dominatrix in her downtime—much to Welles's surprise.

And a sneaky peek…

"Uh-uh, no way. I'm not working a double shift."
Lena Stoll shook her head and turned to leave the communications center of Furlough 99.
Her boss cleared his throat. "Care to tell me why?" He moved to block her path to the door.
Lena blew out a long breath. "Because I pulled two doubles last week and I'm not doing it again this week." She'd reached the end of her patience.
Her coworker, Welles Abernale picked that moment to walk in, stopping behind their CO.
Lena grabbed her opportunity. "Make Welles work the extra time." She walked around both men. "I'm taking a mental health break as of right now." Breezing out of the comm center, she waited until she hit the end of the corridor before making a run for the closest elevator.
Pushing the button, her foot tapped an impatient cadence. She wanted to get to quarters as soon as possible.
Her lips twitched. "I've got someplace to be, dammit." And a month's work of stress to relieve.
Her home away from home and work never failed to rejuvenate her mind and soul. Boarding the lift, she punched the number for the staff residences. The short ride ended and she exited the enclosure. She only lived three doors down and didn't waste time getting into her quarters and grabbing a shower.
Putting the finishing touches on her wardrobe, she added a long black duster and made sure it covered her outfit. She never left anything to chance. Leaving her quarters, she made her way up to the fifth level of the luxe quadrant. Already, the tension from the past month started to drain away.
She made her way to the private chambers of the Marionette and signed in under her pseudonym.
The matron gave Lena a wide smile. "Ramos is ready and waiting for you."
Lena flashed a grin. "And no doubt followed my instructions to the letter." She loosened the buttons of her duster, letting the cover fall off her shoulders. "Time to get to work." On her side gig.
One that could get her fired from her actual job… if she let the matron pay her.
Good thing she didn't.

Honestly, this one is pretty fun to dive into. I'm excited to see where it goes.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment