Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday Snippet: An Answer to Fate

My second senior night is in the books. We got to participate in pre-game moments for the football game, meet with our daughter on the field, and basically bask in her glory for band. We are so, so lucky with her particular group of friends. They've been together for a long time, most of them since elementary school, and it's terrific to watch how they hold each other up and make themselves accountable.

I also got to finally attend one of her band competitions. She's got a duet with another senior and they sounded terrific. I'm hoping I can make more of her shows this year.

My week was jammed with work and running around but I did get to watch some of my usual standbys, starting with Peter Gunn. I finished up the second season and got a start on the third and final one. I should have that one finished up by the end of the month.

I also caught two more arcs of Classic Who and have started on the third doctor's series. This week's episodes were, Spearhead from Space and Doctor Who and the Silurians. I rather like the third doctor so far.

Watched three more Midsomer Murders episodes. I thoroughly enjoyed each one. I'm into series eighteen, so I only have two more to go.

I finished up another episode of Blue Heelers and started a new one. The new one features an almost washed-up footie player, which is fun for me because the US, at least in my part of it, doesn't really follow soccer, unless it's during the championships. Then everyone and their brother has a team. Seriously, it's bonkers.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from An Answer to Fate, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt. It's also the first in a triology.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Quillan Jaymes and Jeb Paladino finally get their act together and declare themselves a couple. Too bad that's when everything goes wrong.

And a sneaky peek…

"Did you ever think we'd actually get here?" Quillan Jaymes brushed her lips along the firm jaw of the man reclining beside her, Jeb Paladino.
Jeb chuckled. "Only when I was too tired to find reasons why we shouldn't."
"Why didn't you find more of them sooner?"
"I'm not the only one who played musical partners, Quill. You've led me on more than one merry chase."
Her lips quirked. "But you had fun." Her hand drifted downward, skimming his taut abdomen to dip under the covers. "And makes catching me so much more worth it, right?" Wrapping her fingers around his heavy length, she relished the way it filled in her palm.
Jeb agreed. "Notice I'm not arguing." He waited a beat. "That should speak volumes." He shifted toward her, nudging her legs apart to work a hair-roughened thigh between them.
Quillan laughed. "Gah… why did we wait so long?" She loved being so free and open with him.
Jeb pondered. "We weren't ready yet. We are now." His hands spanned her waist, sliding up to cup her breasts.
Quillan moaned. "I love having your hands on me." She leaned into his touch, arching her back.
Jeb kneaded, teased, and tantalized. His head lowered so his mouth could capture a nipple while his fingers tugged and pulled on the other one. Quillan squirmed, trying to cool her heated need.
Jeb flicked his tongue over the pebbled tip. "You getting impatient, Quill?" His palm ghosted over her hip to slide between her legs.
She hissed out a breath when he made contact with her button-hard clit. His erection jutted between them, rubbing against her lower stomach. Rock hard but velvety soft met her grasping hand.
She made a hum of satisfaction. "I'm not the only one. You're all but throbbing in my hand." Her fingers curled around the shaft, squeezing lightly.
Jeb gave a grunt. "Not gonna last long. I'm ready to go off right now." He rolled to his back, then maneuvered her to straddle his thighs.
Quillan caught his lips for a hard kiss. "Then we'll make this one quick and dirty and save slow for later." The fact there would be a later sent a wave of contentment through her.
She lifted her hips and slid over his hard cock, taking her time to savor every sensation. The experience didn't disappoint and when her butt met his thighs, she closed her eyes and sighed.
When she opened them, her gaze met Jeb's. "So worth the wait."

I'm loving the way this story is unfolding. I also love having an established couple in the beginning of a book that ends up getting separated for some reason. Quillan and Jeb have a long journey ahead of them.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment