Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Snippet: Drink Me

April 19, 2020

Crazy weather in Ohio this week. Warm, then cold and rainy, and then a little slushy snow mix thrown in. I can honestly say I'm kind of ready for spring to get here in full. At least having the option to go outside and enjoy some sun breaks things up a bit.

Not a big week for television but I got a few shows watched. I started with an episode of Arrow and I'll be getting ready to start the Crisis Crossover soon.

Caught the penultimate episode of Murdoch Mysteries. I'm sad about the death of a character I liked. I loved George's side story. I have no earthly clue what Julia is doing but I'm rolling along with the character arc to see where things go. I do like seeing the ups and downs of William and Julia.

Watched an episode of Riverdale and, wow, the batshit ramped up to double digits, which I love. I still hate Hiram with the burning passion of a thousand suns and gotta say the character kind of ruins the show for me. We'll see how this season shakes out but I honestly can't stand it when he's on the screen. I'm not sure how I feel about the Charles / Chick development but we'll see how that one plays out also.

Had a virtual watch party with a good friend and we rolled out The Rise of Skywalker. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie to bits. I'm hoping we'll get more of those in soon.

Started the second episode of Roswell, New Mexico's new season. So far, I'm enjoying but I really want Maria to finally be aware of the aliens. The fact she isn't really bugs me. So far, I'm not a huge fan of having Rosa back either.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Drink Me, a free read / bonus scene featuring the characters from One Hot Mess.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A bottle of alcohol takes on the role of perpetrator in a couple's romp-filled weekend. Both would swear the damn thing dared them to drink every last drop.

And a sneaky peek…

Eva tilted her head to one side and studied Van. "I'm surprised you bailed on the shindig." He didn't seem like a rule-breaker.
Van's lips kicked up in a half-grin. "Eh, the boss said we had to show up. He didn't specify how long we had to be there." He poured another round.
Eva gave a nod. "Quite the crush of partygoers. Hard to move around let alone have fun." She didn't enjoy the atmosphere when she couldn't breathe.
Van rolled his eyes. "Yeah. I'm not into the whole crowded room with loads of people I don't know thing. Sucks the life right out of me."
Something in common. Aside from the competitive streak they had. Eva like him.
Okay, she always had. But their rivalry tended to keep them at cross purposes. Actually, their bosses' were mostly responsible for that.
She drained the glass he'd refilled. "You know what? You're right. Much better to hang out with you. You're not half bad when you're relaxed and having a good time." She gave him a saucy smirk.
Van laughed. "You mean when I'm not all business and in your face?"
Eva snorted. "Exactly. We need to get away from that more often." Seriously, leaving the animosity and acrimony in the locker room sounded blissful right now.
Van paused with the tumbler close to his mouth. "Ditching the teammates and sneaking off? I could be down for doing that sometimes." He chugged the vodka.
Eva topped off the shot glasses again. "Good." She nodded toward the alcohol. "Drink up. The night is young and we're semi-incognito. Nobody knows we're supposed to be enemies in here." She tossed back the liquid again and loved the little burst of glee warming its way through her system.
Van toasted the air. "Here here." He made a satisfied hum when he set the tumbler back on the counter.
Man, he's hot when he makes that sound.
Right. The alcohol definitely dropped the blinders she normally wore around him.
And she didn't care one bit.

I love writing bonus scenes for stories. Eva and Vic are a lot of fun and writing the lead up to their morning after is a joy.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment