Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday Snippet: Fortune's Dawn

Welcome July! The month that my doggos hate with the intensity of a thousand suns. And we actually got an early start on the fireworks this year … about mid-June or at least the last two weekends. Personally, I love a good fireworks show. The dogs really don't. They get antsy and want to go outside but hate it outside because of the loud crackle and booms. It's exhausting.

Had a good week with work. Finished up two projects and made way to get started on a new one. I'm hoping to slide in some extra freelance work this month because I'm in between two developmental edits at the moment and could use something to keep my busy.

Also had a bit of a scare with my dad. He ended up in the hospital for a few days but he's doing well.

Not a bad week for television. I'm really angry I didn't get to watch Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies before Paramount yanked it. It angers me that studios can pull whatever they want to write off for tax purposes. I'd love to be able to do that on a personal level.

I finished up the ninth season of Brokenwood Mysteries. Actually loved the episode. This is such a comfort watch for me. Looking forward to starting Cannes Confidential this week, especially since one of my favorite actors is involved.

Caught another episode of Madame Blanc Mysteries and enjoyed the mystery. Not sure I'm excited about having the creepy woman back but I'll reserve judgment on that one. I love the cast of characters in this show.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness and the episode definitely took a turn I didn't expect. I like it when that happens!

Enjoyed another episode of Death in Paradise. I'd seen most of this one before and I'm glad I got to watch the whole episode. I'm loving this show.

Continued my rewatch of Battlestar Galactica with "Flight of the Phoenix." This one had so much going on and it was all spectacular. The pilot interaction ended up being my favorite thing, as usual. But lots of good stuff overall.

Started the second season of Fantasy Island. I'm about halfway through the episode and enjoying it so far. I'm definitely here for Raphael and Elena interactions!

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Fortune's Dawn, a concluding novella in a three-part series I haven't named yet.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Quillan and Jeb answered fate's call, discovered an ancient prophecy that led them to dance with destiny, and now they're setting out to find their lost colony before the cyborgs do.

And a sneaky peek…

Jeb rolled to his side and smoothed the hair back from her head. "You know I don't believe in this mystical stuff." His fingers trailed along her jawline.

Quillan arched her brows. "The scribes predicted this. You, the scholar, and me, the guide. How can you not believe?" She leaned into his palm.

Jeb lifted a shoulder. "Okay, it's an odd coincidence, I'll grant you. But that's all it is. You're trying to make us fit the roles." He gave her a level stare.

Quillan snorted. "Bah. You're so damned stubborn. Are you willing to keep reading the texts or not?" Because she couldn't make heads or tails of the ancient language.

Even being a true telepath, one of a very few left in society, being a magic translator didn't count as one of skills. And they needed to reunite with their original colony, lost eons ago. Her destiny wouldn't let her do anything else. And Jeb had become part of it … at least she thought he had.

Jeb nuzzled her throat. "I'm in. If only to keep close to you. We've been apart for way too long." His mouth covered hers and translating texts didn't matter anymore.

They had been apart way too long. She twisted around and nudged him back then straddled his thighs. Her head lowered and she scooted downward, pressing open-mouthed kisses along his chest. Easing further down, she grasped his heavy erection and sank her mouth over the length.

Jeb groaned. "I'll never get tired of this. Of you." His fingers threaded through her hair.

Quillan pulled back a little. "I feel the same." They'd taken a long time to get where they were.

Jeb reached down and hooked his hands under her shoulders. "As much as I enjoy the wicked wonder your lips create, I need something more from you right now." He hauled her upward settling her over his cock.

Quillan gave him a slow smile. "It's good to be home." She shifted forward then pushed back, taking Jeb's shaft deep.

And even though they had long road ahead to find a place for their people, Quillan would always consider Jeb's arms her true place of residence.

This trilogy is kind of all over the map, but the basic threads are in place. I'm having fun filling in all the blanks.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye 

No comments:

Post a Comment