Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Not the First

Can't believe we're almost through April. And yet … it's been a really long month. May has some great things happening, namely my youngest graduating from college. She starts grad school in the fall, and I'm amazed by her. I can't wait to see what she does with her future.

Had an okay week of viewing. I'm behind on my work projects so I didn't push hard to get stuff watched, but I did make a full rotation of my shows.

I finished the regular series of My Life Is Murder. I have the bonus content left to watch. I actually loved this show. And, to my astonishment, it looks like there will be a fourth season! And it premieres tonight if I can trust the interwebs.

Caught an episode of Madame Blanc Mysteries. A little disappointed with the friction and push back from Caron about interference with the case, but it's probably a little more true to life than not.

Finished up Silent Witness and loved how it ended. Things didn't go quite the way I expected. I love it when that happens.

Watched the first episode of Jack's tenure of Death in Paradise. I liked the transition from Humphrey to Jack. We're also getting into episodes I've not seen anything of yet and I'm excited to watch new stuff.

Enjoyed an episode of Elementary. This one didn't have the police coming to Sherlock for consultation. He brought a case to them, and I'd like to see more of that. Almost through the first season so maybe I'll get what I want here.

Caught another episode of The Batman and it's one I remembered watching before. I love it when Alfred's past comes calling. He's got some interesting friends.

Watched an episode of Classic Rugrats and, again, this is a new to me one. I don't remember either of the vignettes and that's always fun for me.

Finished out the week with some more Peak Practice. I'm trying to get through the episode I started a few weeks ago. I might get it finished this week.

That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Not the First, a novella that explores the history of a couple that went from friends to lovers.

Here's the miniblurb:

Katen Knox and Paul Macabes, pilots, soldiers, lovers, weigh in on opposite sides of a proposal to produce new planes while stationed in deep space. Not the first time they've been on different sides of an issue, they quickly learn it's hard to keep the professional drama out of their personal space.

And a sneaky peek…

Paul figured if anyone could make planes from nothing, it would be Katen. And he'd play his role as her chief instigator and stress relief subject. Not the first time he'd taken the polar opposite stance to push her into creating something out of nothing. And definitely not the first time he'd be her port in a sea of negativity, particularly when some of that pessimism came from him.

The game they played worked because he had no doubt she'd get results or exhaust every possibility before she called it quits. And he'd be on the receiving end of moments like this—ardor-fueled sessions that expended pent-up energy clearing the path for her brilliant brain to do what it needed to. He wouldn't change his role for anything.

Especially when her lips slid along his jawline and her hips rose up to sink over his hard shaft. They wouldn't have a lot of time. They never did. Grabbing stolen moments had become their norm.

Katen's mouth found his again, she rocked back and forth, and he lost the ability to think about anything more than giving her a release and finding one for himself. Slick, warm heat enveloped his cock, and he relished the tight confines. Katen did a slow grind, amping the friction and tension between them.

His hands cupped her ass, urging her to up the pace. She broke the lip-lock and her head dropped back, her eyes closed in bliss. His palms grazed upward along her torso and when his thumbs circled her nipples, Katen's breathing quickened and rasped outward.

She gave a low moan. "Gonna come with me? Because I'm so close…" Her hips dipped and rose again. "Like … right now…" A shudder rippled through her.

Her internal muscles contracted, and Paul tipped over the edge. A euphoric wave crashed over him, sending him high then bottoming out on a low ebb. His breath whooshed out, catching in his throat and he groaned with pleasure.

Katen collapsed against his chest and his arms wrapped around her. She exhaled, nuzzling his shoulder with her chin before shifting to the side and curling up close to him. Her palm smoothed over his ribs before settling just above his hip.

She smiled then yawned. "Wake me in an hour?" Her eyes drifted shut.

Paul pulled his privacy curtain. "Why don't I wake you in eight? Crash out here. Get some solid sleep and be ready to go for the briefing tomorrow." She'd need to be well rested if she had a prayer of getting anyone on board with her crazy plan.

Katen gave a tiny nod and Paul draped the sheet over them. By morning, he'd have a role to play and wouldn't have to think too hard for reasons her plan could fail. He'd enjoy the brief interlude of calm before taking up the baton as devil's advocate.

And gear up to cross verbal swords with her for the foreseeable future.

I'm having a lot of fun with this story. It's fun to dive into the history of a couple that share deep feelings for each other but don't always see things from the same perspective.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment