Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Passing Ships in the Night

May 3, 2015

Happy May! We had terrific weather this weekend and I feel like spring has finally arrived. YAY!!

On the TV front, Arrow and The Flash kind of blew my mind. I'm not sure the final episodes can get any more mind bending. LOL Of course, Orphan Black is always twisty and freaky, but the sibling reveal adds a very cool layer. Won't go into specifics here so I don't spoil anyone, but I'm looking forward to seeing more about the new wrinkle.

Bitten and Lost Girl are such a great pair-up on Syfy. And I'm eagerly awaiting Killjoys and Dark Matter. I'd love Syfy to be my place to be on Fridays again. Been way too many years since that's happened.

Starting on Teen Wolf season three and gotta say, I truly enjoy the show. So far, it's lived up to its hype.

And that's it for television this week.

Tonight's post is from Passing Ships in the Night, a sexy short where my characters have to find their way back to each other.

Here's the tagline:

Renny Spur and Chad Raxton have something of an understanding—they meet at the Moonstar shipyard whenever they're in the Milky Way galaxy. When Chad's late for a connection, Renny gets angry and makes a bad choice—one Chad has to decide if he can overlook.

And a sneaky peek…

"Hey, Ren, how's it going?" Mac Raxton fell into step beside her.
Renny closed her eyes for a moment before answering. "It goes, Mac. Did your brother send you?" Shit. Why had she asked about Chad?
Mac shot her a sideways glance. "Contrary to popular opinion, just because Chad's the older one doesn't mean he controls my every move." His head shook back and forth. "Seriously, Renny, how long have you known me?"
She lifted a shoulder. "How long have you worked on Moonstar?" She didn't like being called out for her stupid comments.
Mac grabbed her bicep in a loose grip. "Eight years, Ren. I started here right after basic." He stopped walking, halting her progress. "What's going on with you and Chad?"
She gave him a twisted smile. "Not a damned thing." Pulling free, she walked away and didn't look back.

Renny just told a huge whopper of a lie, but it won't take long for word to get back to Chad. Little brothers are great for stuff like that. (Says the sister with two little bros.)

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flip.



ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment