Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Under a Crescent Moon

*sigh*

Sit back and get a little comfy. I'm going to blather on about my disappointment in the new season of Doctor Who, which feels almost sacrilegious, but necessary. Maybe if I purge myself, I'll enjoy the show more.

So… as mentioned before, I'm not a huge fan of Capaldi as the Doctor. This has nothing to do with his acting. I enjoy his work. But… here's the thing… I just can't get past the fact he's been two other characters besides the Doctor in the Whoverse—Caecilius in The Fires of Pompeii and John Frobisher in Torchwood: Children of Earth. But wait! What about Eve Myles? She played a character in Doctor Who before being in Torchwood. Why doesn't that bother me?

One simple reason. The character she played in The Unquiet Dead, Gwyneth, by rights, could have been an ancestor of Torchwood's Gwen, so… my brain has no problem wrapping around the idea. But Capaldi's characters? Not so much. Wanna know why?

Because THE DOCTOR doesn't have ancestors on earth. Even if I bought the idea Caecilius could be John Frobisher's ancestor, I can't buy the idea they're somehow related to the Doctor. EVER. It's just a big, fat NOPE.

Do I take this Whoverse stuff way too seriously? Oh, hell yes, I do. LOL But… I miss the continuity of the earlier Davies seasons. The sweeping emotional arcs we got in a single episode sometimes. And Moffat is more than capable of writing that way. I mean Blink is one of the most emotional roller coaster episodes I've EVER watched on TV, so he's got the chops to connect with me on that level… when he's not trying to be too quirky or clever or whatever the hell he's trying to be with the gimmicky shtick he's been throwing out lately, especially with the two opening episodes of this season. They were disjointed and messy and I'm honestly not sure what I was watching, but it's not the Doctor Who I love.

And no worries if anyone vehemently disagrees with me. I'm totally okay with the rest of the planet loving the Doctor as much as they always have. I'm just not quite there yet—maybe I never will be—but I'm hoping Moffat rises to the challenge of keeping me as a viewer.

Whew. I feel WAY better now. Thanks for letting me vent. LOL I think I'll rant a little more on my sister blog, or you know, copy this and post it there, too. :D

I could go on about having new episodes of Lost Girl to watch, but I'll save it for a later post.

Moving on… Tonight's post is from Under a Crescent Moon, a sexy short where my hero needs to make amends.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Tyra Blanc, a top military pilot, harbors a secret love for classic old romance movies. When she's not paying attention during a briefing, her superior officer, Dev Dravenish, reveals her weakness and Tyra is caught between wondering how he discovered the information and how to deal with the all-out ribbing coming her way.

And a sneaky peek…

Tyra Blanc moaned. "Mmm. Yes, Dev. Right there." Her orgasm hit and she rode it out, planting her hands on Dev Dravenish's chest.
He bucked his hips. "Right behind you, Tyra." His fingers dug into her thighs, tightening when he found his release.
Tyra slumped forward, goose bumps breaking out over her skin. The chilly recycled air doing its job of cooling her down after extremely hot sex. Dev wrapped his arms around her, ghosting his palms over her back. She shifted sideways and he tucked her into his side.
Her head lolled on his shoulder. "Geez, Dev. We can't let a whole week go by without sex anymore." Her eyes grew heavy. "Three times in one night is a personal record."
For her anyway. She had no idea if Dev had ever topped that many times.
His arm tightened around her. "Yeah, two times is my usual limit. At least it is during one night." He shifted to his side and met her gaze. "A full twenty-four hour period is a different story."
Her lips curved in a grin. "Meaning we could continue this in the morning?" She draped an arm around his waist and palmed his ass cheek.
Dev chuckled. "Would love to, but…" He caught her lips in a quick, hard kiss. "Briefing starts at 0600 and my schedule is jammed until after 2030." Maneuvering his arm out from under her, he sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bunk.
Tyra groaned. "Dammit, Dev. It's after one a.m." She rolled onto her back. "Early briefings suck balls."
He glanced over his shoulder. "Yeah, yeah. I know. You're not a morning person." He fished around for his boxers and jammed his legs through. "But sometimes you gotta deal and drag your ass out of bed." He stood up and shot her an amused look. "Do I have to come and douse you with cold water in four hours?" He yanked his t-shirt over his head.
Tyra squeaked out a protest. "Don't even think about it." She lifted her head and punched the pillow. "I'll be there. Won't enjoy it, but I'll be there." Her head dropped and she yawned.
Dev ducked back inside the bunk enclosure. "I'll buy you all the coffee you need after the briefing." His mouth brushed over hers. "Love you."
He straightened and made his way across the floor, crawling up into his berth. Tyra sighed and closed her eyes. They rarely had the senior quarters all to themselves and she didn't regret taking advantage of the alone time. But, ugh, she'd definitely be sluggish and out of sorts when she had to get up in less than five hours. Dev would probably be awake within two, if he held to his habit of going over the briefing notes and checking in with command deck for last minute changes.
She hated his ability to exist on a few hours' sleep. But, oh, she loved what he could do to her in the same time span.
Snuggling into the mattress, she smiled. She could manage to get her ass up, right?
Ha. She'll manage, but it won't be pretty. LOL



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment