Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Organic Chemistry (Uncivil Revolution book two)

Well… I'm coming off a bittersweet week. I got to spend my birthday with almost my entire family, which is terrific, but the reason not so much. We buried my beloved Gram on Wednesday and, being in Ohio, the weather ran the gamut from rain to snow to a sleet / hail mixture. Finally, the sun came out toward the end of the day.

Television had a good week. Legends had a great episode even if I can't quite decide if I actually like Damian's campy antics or if I really hate them. It's pretty much a toss-up.

Tuesday's shows are on my list to catch up on. The draining day left me with little to no brain power to watch television. The same goes for Riverdale on Wednesday.

I did catch Arrow and, as always, I enjoyed the episode. I rather like how they keep changing up the versions of Laurel. And having Roy back is always kick ass. I've missed him. I'm also interested in seeing how things play out with Dinah and Oliver. In all honesty, I'm a little on the fence about the Dinah character. Her thirst for vengeance isn't one I bought into, but I'll finish watching to see what happens.

I need to catch up on Gotham also. Totally forgot it returned at the beginning of the month.

Watched a little more of season five of Chicago Fire and still love the show. Looking forward to another DVD this week to see what else happens.

Started Jessica Jones this weekend and season two feels like it's going to be a wild ride. Can't wait to see what else the show has in store for me.

I'll be playing catch up on Murdoch Mysteries again, but I did see episode fifteen and thoroughly enjoyed.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Organic Chemistry an Uncivil Revolution novella.

Here's the tagline:

Dominic Marinelli and Etta Morgan meet under very difficult circumstances, but form a relationship built on one basic need… sex. When Etta decides to strike out on her own, Dom has to figure out why it bothers him so much.

And a sneaky peek…

Etta's shoulders hit the wall. "That." The word gasped out just when Dom pushed her up against the surface.
And then shoved his tongue down her throat.
No prelim, no tenderness, pure animal lust. It hit almost every kink she had. And she loved it. Craved it.
Wanted more.
She responded in kind. Inhaling him, kissing him back with wild abandon. Her boobs tingled and a burst of instant hot wetness pooled between her folds. Her clit throbbed when his hand cupped her, pushing the seam of her jeans roughly against it. It wouldn't take much to have her writhing in orgasm if he kept it up.
Between bruising kisses, their tongues tangled and dueled for dominance over the other. Dom won the battle when his other hand found her tits, grabbed onto one and applied pressure. Not enough to hurt… oh, no, just enough to arouse.
A groan escaped and he won by default. She couldn't fence tongues when she had to gasp for air.
As abruptly as it started, it ended. Dom flung himself away from her and threw his head back. He won his war for control and tossed out a challenge.
"That dirty enough for you?"
Mouth gaping, she could only answer. "God, yes." Her body literally screamed for more.
A look of almost pain crossed his face and he shook his head back and forth. "Right. So… we fuck like animals and then what?"
Tamping down her raging desire, she struggled to act nonchalant. "If it's good—and, trust me, it will be—we each have something to take the edge off."
"And when it's done?"
She shrugged. "I won't go weeping woman on you, if that's your concern. You go back to wallowing in Unrequitedville and I find another willing participant."
Dom arched a brow. "That easy, huh?"
She nodded. "Yep. If I want it to be."
"I don't think that's true."
She pushed off the wall. "You want truth? Here it is. Charlotte doesn't love you. You'll never feel her legs wrapped around you in lust, love, or anything else. That's true." She watched him flinch, but held her ground.
"And your point is?"
"You can be Mr. Dark and Stoic. I don't want sweeping romance." She walked slowly toward him. "I don't need flowery love words or grand gestures." Stopping in front of him, her voice went husky. "All I'm looking for is a hard cock and a willing body." Her hand cupped his erection. "Like it or not, you definitely fit the bill."
Dom eased away and pondered her a moment. "You've got a deal." He stuck out his hand to shake on it.
The antiquated notion surprised her. Less than two minutes ago, he'd had his hands all over her, his tongue down her throat, and she'd been this close to coming. And now he wanted to go all honorable?
Sensing the importance of the handshake, instead of brushing it off, she accepted the overture and sealed their deal, applying firm pressure when she grasped his hand.    
Dom cocked his head sideways and studied her.
Did he doubt her word? Maybe not, because he gave her a curt nod.
"Okay then." Letting go of her hand, he brushed past her and headed for the door.
The door? But, she'd thought. "Uh, I thought… when are we—" Gonna get laid. She really wanted him now.
He paused, hand on the knob. "Tonight. 2300. I'll come here." His lips twitched. "You didn't think I'd let you call all the shots, did you?" He'd thrown her and he liked it.
Heaving a sigh, she gave him an honest answer. "I had hoped."
His face went dark and dangerous. "Two-way street. Equal partnership." His eyes flashed. "This won't happen any other way."
She studied him a moment. Could it be possible she'd underestimated him?
Not completely certain, she caved anyway. "I'm down with that. 2300. Knock twice, then once, so I know it's you."
He gave her a two-fingered salute. "Done." And then he was gone.
Sinking down to the mattress, she wondered what she'd gotten herself into.

I'm excited about this series and I need to dive back in and get things organized. I've a bit of a quandary about whether to introduce the couple in book four in the opening book or not. Once I figure that out, I hope to finalize the outlines and finish up the series.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment