Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Quick Fast Dirty

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. And if you're not a dad, happy weekend!

It's been a long week with back and forth temperatures that always wreak havoc with my allergies. Bleh. But… not a bad week for television viewing. I started out with more Mutant X and followed with Endeavor and Midsomer Murders.

Then I hit The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I'd forgotten how dramatic Derek's entrance to the fold was. I'm also a little more than halfway through Constantine and I liked the fallen angel episode.

I finished up The Batman season four and really enjoyed the series. I think there might be a few more episodes floating around but I'm not sure. I caught several episodes of Classic Who up through the third episode in the Key of Marinus arc.

Pensacola Wings of Gold isn't half bad. Fits in with my military-themed shows of Strike Back and Band of Brothers. Chicago Fire is just over the midway point and I'm hoping to finish out the season soon. I caught Sense8's "Demons" episode and really enjoyed it. It's not as hard to keep things straight as I thought it would be. Really, a great show.

Loved seeing Hurst go down on Blind Spot. I need to mainline some episodes because they're getting close to expiration. This makes me a little angry. I realize the season is over but, honestly, unless the DVD is going to be released within a month, keep the episode live, dammit. Just saying.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Quick Fast Dirty, a novella that started with a writing community challenge of writing sex with clothes on. Always a fun thing to do.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Vixen Arz and Josh Baldwin like their sex quick, fast, and dirty. In the middle of a war, they don't have time for sensual pleasantries, and they can't do the hearts and flowers things anyway—Vixen is Josh's superior officer. If caught fraternizing, both will face brig time—or court martial!

And a sneaky peek…

Vixen Arz eyed the sculpted ass of Josh Baldwin. He walked several steps ahead of her, giving her ample time to imagine grabbing hold and never letting go. Right. As if.
At best, she'd be able to cop a good feel in a stolen moment later. The middle of a war zone didn't allow much in the way of long-term gripping. Dammit.
A shoulder bumped into hers. "Hey, Captain. Sorry about that."
Pulled from her viewing pleasure, Vixen glanced up. "It's all right, Jannis. I'm lost in thought." She groaned. "Are those fit reps for me?" She'd just finished a crap ton of files yesterday.
The petty officer bobbed his head. "Yeah, and the XO said he wanted them yesterday." He rolled his eyes.
The XO wanted everything yesterday.
Vixen took the reports. "Yeah, yeah. I'll see what I can do." She nodded. "Thanks, Jannis." Moving away, she caught up to Josh. "Lieutenant, did you still want to discuss the flight schedule?" She used their code for "come see me later."
He quirked a brow. "Uh, yeah. If you have time." He ducked into an alcove so they could speak without holding anyone up.
Vixen kept a professional distance but craved contact with her junior officer. "I've got time." She lowered her voice. "Got another stack of fit reps to work through, if you're up for some stress relief later."
A slow smile curved his lips. "Aren't I always?" He kept his tone just shy of teasing.
Vixen smirked. "So far, so good." She started down the corridor to head to her office. "And you know I keep score." She didn't wait for a comeback; she liked having the last word.
Josh had a shift in command, which gave her about four hours to plow through as many reports as she could.
She opened her office door, wearing a wide smile. "Nothing beats having a hot man willing to get down and dirty with a superior officer."
Except maybe getting caught. That would trump each stolen moment, every bit of hidden pleasure they'd carved out over the last six months. Time she wouldn't give up for anything.
Settling behind her desk, she opened the first file. "After a full year of being on the front lines, a court martial for conduct unbecoming might just be worth it."

Vixen and Josh are fun to write and I love the dynamic of Vixen being the superior officer.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment