Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Questionable Vision

Wow. The month is half over already. October is flying by. Not complaining because I'm super busy with work projects and that makes me happy. I'm also making steady progress on the whole clean and organize project.

Had a solid week of television viewing again. I watched two lessons of Master Class with Brandon McMillan. I got more valuable insight in dog behavior and I hope I can translate that to working with my doggos.

Caught two episodes of Gilmore Girls: Year in the Life. Winter and spring were each enjoyable. I didn't know how they'd handle Richard's death, but I like what they did. I'm very curious how summer is going to play out, especially with Loralie's therapy deal.

Enjoyed two specials about Cher. Artist to Icon and Life in the Spotlight both had great footage and details. I remember watching Sonny and Cher and her solo show on television when I was a kid. I sometimes miss that type of variety show. I'm so not into the idols and voice-type shows.

Watched another episode of Star Trek: Discovery. I thoroughly enjoy how the plotlines are playing out. I have to admit I really didn't think they'd go where they went with the Tyler storyline but I love that they did. Took me back to Farscape a little bit.

Caught two episodes of Chicago Med and liked both. Rhodes keeps growing on me and I like how he stumbles every once in a while. I need to go back and do a crossover watch at some point also.

Thoroughly enjoyed an episode of Midsommer Murders. Old school in so many ways with being trapped on an island and having the case be about tabletop gaming. All in all, an excellent episode.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness and started a new two-parter. Great to have Leo back in the morgue and out on cases. I also remembered how much I love Nikki and Harry's bantery conversations.

Started season twenty of Classic Who and, hello, Tegan's back. I watched two four-episode arcs and actually loved both. The second arc brought the Maya back and I'd forgotten they did that sometimes in the original series.

Began a new series with UFOs Over Earth. The first two episodes were fun. Fayetteville and Bucks County were the areas MUFON investigated. I've seen bit and pieces about both sightings but got some new information about each. Always enjoy when that happens.

Watched two episodes of The Muppet Show. Dudley Moore and Arlo Guthrie were the guest stars. I'm enjoying season four so far.

Started the fifth season of Prime Suspect and I'm pretty sure I remember how this one plays out. I love how fallible Jane is and watching that unfold on screen.

Got another episode of Peak Practice watched. This one ended up being a lot calmer than the last one. I'm really enjoying the trio of partners.

Watched two episodes of Classic Rugrats. The first season has so many great moments and I love revisiting them.

Also got in another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries and finished up season four. I'll be starting season five this week. I still truly love this show so much. I miss Jared a little but I think he might be in at least one more episode and I'm hoping to actually get to meet Roxy at some point.

That's pretty much it for the weekly television update. Tonight's post is from Questionable Vision, a sexy short that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Park Danielson doesn't want to fight anymore. Stuck in a warzone, he has one burning question. Why bother sticking around? Darby Young has the answer. He's not allowed to leave.

And a sneaky peek…

The conversation with Park left Darby shaken. Recriminations pinged in her brain. And maybe a little guilt.

"I've led Park on a merry chase." Up, down, forward, back, and hell, sometimes sideways and upside down. "No wonder he'd given up hope."

She needed to own part of the responsibility. She always taken it for granted he'd always be there, hovering in the background. She … they … didn't have to rush things for that reason, right?

But she'd misread all the signals. And damn near missed the forest for the trees. Well, she sure had a fire under her ass now. Whatever Park needed, she'd find a way to make it happen. And that included her.

She shivered a little. "Even though commitment terrifies me." Okay, a promise of time didn't bother her. She'd signed on the dotted line for military service.

Letting someone in, really in, freaked her the hell out. After watching her mother pine for a philandering man, why wouldn't she have concerns? The guy loved them, but couldn't keep his dick in his pants and every affair, each one-night stand, broke her mom's heart a little more until only a brittle shell remained.

Darby vowed she would never love someone enough to make putting up with affairs seem like a normal thing. She couldn't be like her mom and beg for any scrap of love her dad might be willing to share. But would she really have to?

Park represented the polar opposite of her wayward father. Honest, sometimes too much so, loyal, honorable … Park didn't have it in him to cheat like her old man had. Shouldn't she consider making a leap for him? He'd always, always been there. Good, bad, ugly … didn't matter. Park came back for more and usually gave as good as he got.

Darby snorted. "Considering I dish out bitch pie on a semi-regular basis and he still sticks around … well, maybe that should tell me something."

And maybe she should listen and pay attention to what mattered most.

I love writing Darby and her internal journey to what matters most. Park might need to get prepared for some amazing revelations in the near future.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment