Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Quick Fast Dirty

It's so weird we're almost to the end of the month. One more October Sunday after this one. Had a decent work week and made a lot of progress on my cleaning project.

Also had a solid viewing week. Started with The Muppet Show and ended up getting four episodes watched. Beverley Sills, Kenny Rogers, Lola Falana, and Dizzy Gillespie were the guest stars.

Watched Prime Suspect and finished up season five and started season six. Six is proving to be very interesting. I can't remember how it ends up playing out but I'll find out this week.

Caught two episodes of Peak Practice and liked both. Sometimes the bickering between the partners gets a little wearing but I do like this mix.

Ended up watching two episodes of MasterClass with Brandon McMillan. I like this guy and I'm getting some good tips on how to work with my doggos.

Finished up Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Man. "Summer" and "Fall" hit me in the feels in a really big way. At some point, I want to rewatch the four episodes and do a recap on my fictional universe blogs. I can honestly say the revival had everything I would've wanted and only a few things I didn't. Which means I'm left with a feeling of completeness. This isn't to say I wouldn't welcome another year in the life that would pick up at the present time. That could be a lot of fun.

I enjoyed two musician spotlights. Dolly Parton: Queen of Country turned out to be an enjoyable look at the amazing woman and her long career. Pop Profiles: Christina Aguilara shed some facts about her career that I didn't know. As a casual fan, I found it interesting.

Watched an episode of Star Trek: Discovery and loved the mirror universe. Those kinds of episodes always make me happy. I'm looking forward to the next installment so I can find out how things play out.

Caught two episodes of Chicago Med. The second one ended up blowing me away. Understated but really strong performances all around. I love this show.

Weirdly enough, I watched an episode of Midsomer Murders and it featured scarecrows. I say weirdly because the final episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries had a scarecrow feature also. Anyway, nice to see Winter get some backstory and lovely to see Betty again.

Finished up the second episode of Silent Witness. I vaguely remember this one and enjoyed getting caught up in the cases again. Looking forward to starting the next two-parter.

Caught another four-episode arc of Classic Who. Nice to see the brigadier again. Interesting episode with a potential new companion in the mix.

Finished up UFOs over Earth. This one focused on mass sightings in Mexico. I'll be starting a new series this week and I think it's going to be about Roswell.

Last but not least, I watched two more episodes of Classic Rugrats. The first season had some great standalone episodes and two were in the set I watched. The second season of the new version is streaming now but I'm waiting until all episodes are available before diving in.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Quick-Fast-Dirty, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Vixen Arz and Josh Baldwin like their sex quick, fast, and dirty. In the middle of a war, they don't have time for sensual pleasantries, and they can't do the hearts and flowers things anyway—Vixen is Josh's superior officer. If caught fraternizing, both will face brig time—or court-martial!

And a sneaky peek…

Josh focused on the radar screen in front of him. "Quiet shift for once." He occupied one of seven stations with long-range monitors and none of his fellow crew members marked any kind of movement in the outer edges of their protected region.

One hour left and he'd head down to the captain's office to offer some much-needed stress relief. Did he worry about getting caught with his literal pants down? Sometimes.

His lips twitched. "Not often enough to ever say no." Why the hell would he?

He needed her as much as she needed him. And to be fair, they'd been the same rank when they started their mutually beneficial arrangement. The reason for their initial hookup also became the cause for her bump up to captain. The loss of their former CAG during an intense battle.

A blip appeared on his screen. "Contact. Radar two. Zero mark four." He waited for the transponder signal, hoping it would be one of theirs. "Galliway Hopper 245, returning." Thankfully, no need to send out the alert fighters.

No doubt the crew from the hopper would have an update on how the latest skirmishes were playing out. The Galliway rotated out from the front line for repairs and a reprieve from the battle but they'd be due to head back soon—if the fight didn't come to them first.

Josh leaned back in his seat, keeping his gaze on the monitor. "The nebula offers some protection, but how much longer before it's discovered?" Probably not much.

If they were lucky, they'd get a few more days before shifting to another location. He'd take the time. And hope he got a few more rounds in with Vixen before their schedules went to shit and he went back to one-handed one-offs.

He didn't care how quick, fast, and dirty the sex with Vixen ended up being. Those stolen moments topped anything his imagination came up with and definitely gave him something to look forward to. Forty-five minutes to go

The sages are feeding me little bits and pieces on this story but I like where things are going. Here's hoping everything comes together the way I hope it will.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment