Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday Snippet: You're Welcome

Had a fairly busy week between work and the new venture I'm putting together. The play I'm editing is so much fun. It's deep and twisty and bonkers in the best possible way. I hope I have another chance to edit more plays.

Had a pretty good week trying to catch up to my regular viewing schedule. I'm not quite there yet because other things have been pulling my attention away from screen time. Also, my sleep schedule is all messed up at the moment. Not sure why, but probably hormone-related. Fun.

I watched an episode of Peak Practice and should finish up season eight this week. From what I've reviewed, seasons nine through twelve go a little off the normal path and dive deeper into soap opera territory. I'm okay with that.

Caught two more MasterClass lessons with Roxane Gay. I truly love listening to her speak. The first one focused on engaging with you readers and I ended up getting a lot out of that one. The second lesson noted the importance of having a day job for stability and I also appreciated what she had to say about that topic.

Started The Umbrella Academy and, so far, I love it. I'm two episodes in and I like the dynamic between the characters and I'm excited to see what comes next. Looking forward to diving deep on this one.

Enjoyed the season finale of The Ready Room. Pretty sure Wil takes over for the next one and I'll look forward to his take on Discovery.

Watched another episode of Chicago Med and I have a weird feeling I know where things will end up going with Will and Asher. Fairly sure this might end up being my last season. I do love anything with Dr. Charles, Maggie, and Miss Goodwin. I also love Ethan. We'll see what happens by the end of the season.

Caught another Batman: The Animated Series. I loved Poison Ivy's introduction in this series and also seeing more of Harvey Dent before things happen with him.

Enjoyed a little more of Resisting Roots but didn't get to finish the movie yet.

Watched another Ted Lasso. I'm definitely a fan. Keeley cracks me up and I love where things are going with her. Ted kind of broke my heart yet made me so happy when he benched Jamie. I truly hope there's some kind of redeeming arc for him because I literally loath him at the moment.

Caught another Agatha Christie Hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the non-mystery aspect of this show because there's still a lot of suspense, which I love.

Started season twenty of Silent Witness and quite enjoyed the opening first part. Looking forward to finishing this one up next week.

Almost finished with season twenty-five of Classic Who. The greatest show in the galaxy will hopefully end on a great note for the season. I'm pretty sure that brings me close to the end of the classic episodes. Not sure if I'll jump to New Who or switch to a different genre for a while.

Watched another episode of Strangest Things. I like diving into the mysterious objects they feature and learning new information. The cast of experts is very diverse and I love that.

Caught another episode of The Book of Boba Fett. Loved the pick up from when Fennic went down in The Mandalorian. I seriously love this show.

Enjoyed another episode of Only Murders in the Building. There's so much awkwardness that is played to perfection by the three main cast members. I'm excited to see what happens in the next episode.

Watched an episode of Blue Heelers and ended up enjoying it a lot. Wayne actually ended up being a fairly decent guy in this one and that's not always the case.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from You're Welcome, a sexy short that started with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Dalyn Harris spends a lot of his time keeping his significant other, Shauna Drake, out of hack. When an old, forgotten prank catches the executive officer by surprise, Dalyn scrambles to keep Shauna's part under wraps—he has no desire to spend their anniversary in a brig cell.

And a sneaky peek…

Dalyn put his fork down and leaned back in the chair. "Gotta say the galley did a stellar job on that pasta." Considering food prep could be hit or miss on most ships, he definitely wouldn't complain.

Shauna tilted her head. "Are you going to tell me how you pulled this off? I mean, the VIP quarters? That's unheard of." She picked up her glass and took a long sip of wine.

Dalyn smiled. "Helps to have friends and family in high places." And having several favors owed to him.

She shook her head. "Guess I'm not the only one with pull on this ship." Scooting back a little, she propped her feet on his lap.

Dalyn took the hint and massaged the arch on her left foot. "Guess you're not." His lips curved. "I figured if we're going to see where this goes, we don't need an audience." Using his knuckles, he applied firm pressure to her soles.

Shauna groaned and closed her eyes. "If you spoil me, I'll quickly get used to it. But … this goes way beyond anything I expected." She met his gaze. "I'm impressed. Thank you."

He grinned and leaned in close to her. "As you know, I aim to please." His mouth captured hers and she responded by sliding her tongue along his.

Yep. Definitely glad he called in some markers. Kissing her melted his brain.

She slipped her feet off his lap and moved to straddle his thighs. "I've been waiting for this, to be with you, for a long time." Her lips ghosted along his jawline. "I don't want to wait any more."

Dalyn cupped her ass in his hands. "Glad you said that. I don't either." He braced a hand on the table and stood up.

Shauna wrapped her legs around his waist and he carried her to the bed tucked up against the bulkhead. Settling down on the edge of the mattress, he found her lips again and slowly inched her shirt up. Shauna lifted her arms and eased away, just long enough to remove her top. She pushed his shirt off his shoulders then twisted sideways, tugging him down on top of her.

His mouth moved over her skin and he peeled her bra straps downward. She unclasped the lingerie then searched for the hem of his T-shirt. Using one hand, he yanked the shirt over his head and tossed it aside.

His fingers dipped under the waistband of her warm-ups and worked them down past her hips. Shauna took over, wriggling the garment off her legs. He eased back and shucked his fatigues then settled back over her.

Reaching up, she wound her arms over his shoulders and lifted her chin to meet his lips. The kiss spun out, heating his blood and making his dick rigidly hard. Her palm skimmed over his erection and he hissed out a breath.

Hooking a finger along the hemline of her panties, he inched them down. Shauna worked her hand inside his boxers and grasped his cock. He scooted back and removed the last barriers of clothing then put a knee on the mattress.

Meeting her gaze, he held it a moment. "You're sure?" He didn't doubt she wanted sex as much as he did … but what came after could get complicated.

She gave an emphatic nod. "Absolutely certain." She held out a hand. "Don't make me wait."

He definitely didn't plan to make either of them regret what came next.

This sexy short is coming together after a lengthy break to let the characters figure out what they wanted. They're finally talking to the sages again.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment