Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Set the Record Straight

September has been such a weird month. Our weather is all over the place—again—and we're baking in high temps. Also have a drought at the moment. I mean the grass crunches when I walk on it right now.

I think we have our car issues solved. Mine is back with a new computer and we did end up with a total loss on the CR-V. Found one to replace that and we're getting everything in order to finalize the purchase. Here's hoping that ends our car drama for a good, long time.

Another super busy work week. Finished up a project and started a new one. I'm in a holding pattern for two more and I may have a new client for some writing coaching. Very excited about my calendar right now!

Did not have a great week of viewing. Too many things distracting me and needing my attention. I might have to start doing playlists instead of television shows. If I do the playlist thing, be forewarned, I have very eclectic taste in music.

I did get an episode of The Batman watched by starting the fourth season. This introduced Superman to the roster, which also means Lex Luthor put in an appearance along with Lois and Jimmy.

Caught an episode of Classic Rugrats. All three vignettes were new to me, which is fun. I feel like I must have skipped several seasons though because I don't remember watching or rewatching several episodes that really stand out in my memory. Might have to check to see if I did.

Also started an episode of My Life Is Murder. This is a two-parter and looks to end the fourth season. Looking forward to finishing this one up and waiting patiently for a fifth season. Fingers crossed!

And that's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Set the Record Straight, a novella that makes a couple face what they feel for each other.

Here's the miniblurb:

Keegan Brimm and Warner Misona check their feelings for each other at the spaceport airlock and have a knock down fight before they finally drag out all the baggage between them to set the record straight.

And a sneaky peek…

Keegan enjoyed the surprised look on his face. "Let's set the record straight again." She moved in, backing him up against the hatch. "From this point forward, it's not just up to me. I did the casual thing for so long because I wanted the business with Westcroft settled before pursuing anything." Her hands skimmed up along his chest. "But you made me see how empty and unsatisfying that was." Her fingers trailed downward to gather the hem of his shirt. "We were building a good foundation to work from, but that damned notification came in and sent me reeling." She inched his shirt up while grazing her lips along his jawline. "I'm over it. And I want this." Leaning back, she held his gaze. "As long as it's mutual and—"
His mouth claimed hers, cutting off the rest of her statement. Oh, good and holy universe. His lips were steamy goodness. Better than she remembered.
She tore her lips away from his. "You can trust this, Warner. I hope you believe that." She couldn't blame him if he didn't.
He cupped her face. "I do, Keegan. I do." He snagged the back of his collar and yanked his shirt off then helped her with hers.
Keegan loosened the button of her fatigues. "In that case … where were we?"
He gathered her close. "I think we were about to find a comfortable spot to get naked and consummate the agreement." His lips scorched a trail along her shoulder.
Keegan shoved her pants down. "Ah, yes." She kicked her feet free and strode to the cushioned bench. "Will this do?"
Warner shucked his pants. "I think it might."
He moved to stand beside her, and she nudged him down with the full intention of rocking his world with a blow job. But he surprised her by grasping her hips and trailing kisses around her navel. She gasped when he dipped his tongue into the indentation at the same time he slid a finger along her folds.
He moaned. "Mmm, Keegan … you're hot and wet."
Keegan's head fell back. "I get that way every time I'm around you." And sometimes even when not.
His eyes slid shut. "Don't tell me that. Now I'm going to picture you that way all the time."
She laughed and eased away. "I'm not going to be sorry about it." She dropped down to her knees. "But I will regret not getting at least a taste of this bad boy soon." She wrapped her hand around his impressive length and lowered her head.

This has been a fun story to write. I love to resolve misunderstandings with hot action.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment