Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Yummy Goodness

I'm always blown away when July arrives and I realize half the year is really gone. The whole time speeds up when we get older thing is absolutely a thing.

Fairly busy week but stayed caught up with most of the shows I'm watching. Started out with In the Dark and watched two episodes. My heart kind of breaks for everyone on this show. And, again, I keep going back to how messy everything is. The episode with Murphy and Max on the run truly ended on a cliffhanger. Need to watch another episode soon.
                   
Caught an episode of Blade, the penultimate one. This series was ahead of its time and I wish it had the chance to realize its full potential.

Also caught the season finale of Chicago Fire, which ended on a cliffhanger. I literally had to call my dad—a retired fire chief and still active in our local department—to decompress. He's also a fan.

Watched another Classic Roswell episode. This one started moving the plot forward and tightening the bonds between the group. That means it's almost time for a wedge to show up and pull them all apart.

Frankie Drake Mysteries had a great episode. I loved how the women pulled all the threads to solve their case and it's interesting to see Frankie end up with a new enemy. Lots of fodder for future episodes.

Once again, Riverdale pulled out all the super batshit crazy it could find. I do love, love, love that FP is now the new sheriff. I'm dying to know what Hermoine meant when she said it's finally time. There better be a payoff there. Alice makes my head spin with her insane loyalty to the farm creepies. I truly hope I end up enjoying that storyline because I have a feeling that shit isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Kind of sad Veronica practically ran back into the fold when Hiram got shot but it makes for good conversation. Almost fell out of my seat when Tallboy arrived back on my screen. Can't say I'm upset he didn't stick around.

Watched an episode of Arrow and, wow, quite a few revelations. Having Emiko be the leader of the dark knights is just the kind of twist I like. Kind of sad she's pushing Laurel back toward her dark persona. That'll be interesting to see next week.

Caught another episode of Blue Heelers and can't say I liked the creepy dude they had to bring in to nab the home invaders. Kind of glad Doyle sent him packing and didn't fall for his creeptastic come-on lines. Geez. Also started a new episode but only got the first few minutes watched.

Krypton had a great episode. Glad Seg is free of Brainiac, or at least I hope he is. I love how twisty this show is right now. It's very hard to tell who is playing against who and I like that. Never knowing which direction a character will turn is fun.

I'm almost finished with Painkiller Jane. The standard groundhog day episode ended up being better than I remembered. I don't always love those kind of episodes.

Watched the season two premiere of Durham County and, yeah, this show is still dark and twisted. I love it.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Yummy Goodness, a free sexy short featuring characters from Mia's Choice.

The mini-blurb is still a work in progress…

But here's a sneaky peek…

Mia Sinclair rubbed her forehead, hoping to ease the headache behind her eyes. "How long before you get here, Hal?" Only hours away now, but not soon enough.
From the garbled sounds, Hal shuffled the handset. "Looks like two point five hours." His voice dropped a little. "You'll have real food again as soon as the teams get the supplies unloaded from the ship's hull."
Mia closed her eyes. "Sounds lovely." Four weeks with nothing more than protein bars and powder mixed with the limited amount of growable vegetables made her want to groan. "At least we know the station crew can pull together and get creative." Although their efforts didn't amount to much.
Hal chuckled. "Not sure you're gonna be happy to see me or the food." He paused. "I mean, come on, the protein bars aren't that bad, are they?"
Mia rolled her eyes. Of course Hal didn't know how horrible those things were. The military rations were ready-to-eat food packs. Maybe not the tastiest things in the galaxy but way more appealing than bland, no-flavor, only-there-to-sustain-life emergency bleh.
Maybe Hal needed to find out how horrible the last four weeks had been?
Mia laughed lightly. "Oh, you know. We managed. Just need a break from the same old thing." She lowered her voice this time. "And you know I'm always happy to see you, Hal. We'll be undressed and between the sheets before your ship's engines are even fully shut down." At least they had been the last three times Hal had been on station.
Hal groaned. "Now I'm the one who wants time to speed up. I've missed you, Mia."
She smiled. "Missed you too. Not much longer until we can be together for good." She actually couldn't wait.
And if anyone other than her inner voice had told her she'd be ready to settle down with a man again, she'd have laughed them out of the room. But Hal made loving someone easy, unlike her first husband, Fredric the dick. However… being in love with Hal didn't mean she couldn't prove a point, right?
Hal sighed. "I have to sign off, Mia. We're entering the no-call zone."
Her lips twitched. "Okay. I'd forgotten about that. We're still working on getting those relays positioned, hopefully by your next run out here." Interference from the asteroid belt around the station made the final leg of the journey radio silent.
Hal said his farewell. "I love you, Mia. Be there in two point two five hours."
Mia responded. "I'll see you soon, my love." After replacing the handset, she picked it up again and placed a quick call to the galley. "Hi, Chiane. I need a favor…"
Hal could have a not-so-wonderful taste of the yummy goodness Mia had been experiencing for the past month.

I'm hoping to have this one ready to go by the time I finish up Mia's Choice. There's another sexy short featuring Hal and Mia that I'd like to get ready for a release day blast.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment