Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Zinging Barbs

July kind of flew by in a series of weird weather and crazy work schedules. I'm oddly okay with that. The weather is what it is… and will probably keep acting like an angry toddler. My work calendar is bursting at the seams and I'm excited about my new projects.

But… my television viewing is sporadic, which isn't a bad thing. I'm just so used to doing rundowns each week I feel like my blog is naked if I don't have a full slate. LOL

I did get a few shows watched. I started with Midsomer Murders and got a holiday episode. There's a new detective sergeant or maybe it's detective constable, but either way, I'll miss Jones. I loved that character. Which isn't to say the new guy won't grow on me. He's not bad. Good mystery also.

Started a new episode of Blue Heelers and it's rather different and I like it. I'm not sure how long the first season is, but the series is something like fourteen seasons and it's nice to have variety in format.

Caught two more episodes of Peter Gunn and Classic Who. I'm kind of excited to watch a live-action episode with Two. So far, it's been six animated episodes.

Finished the final episode of Blade. I have to admit to still being disappointed with the outcome on my rewatch. Sometimes I can have a change of heart when I've got a few years of distance when viewing a show's run.

Frankie Drake Mysteries had a great episode. I'm starting to like Grayson a little more and it'll be fun to see if Frankie's mom sticks around.

Watched the fifth episode of Daredevil and, eh, this is something of a slow-moving season. I do like where things are going and it's great to see Karen kind of have to face what she did in a previous season. That said, I'm enough of a Fisk non-fan to really not want to watch a bunch of scenes with him. And the FBI agent annoys the crap out of me. I actually think he's too smart to be playing things so stupidly. So, yeah, I hope the rest of the season evens out.

Started Riverdale's Bizarrodale episode and hope to finish it later today. This season has been dark and twisty and I like it.

New episodes of Killjoys have started and I'll be hopelessly behind on those, but I can't wait to watch this final season.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Zinging Barbs, a sexy short bonus scene featuring Reagan and Ian from Poetry in Motion.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Reagan Bruce won't slow down, not even when she's seven months pregnant and Ian Flannigan decides to walk away from competing to keep Reagan healthy. The couple exchanges some zinging barbs until they work out their issues.

And a sneaky peek…

Reagan Bruce planted her hands on her hips, her pregnant belly on prominent display. "Where you go I go." Ian Flannigan would not leave her behind.
Ian gave her stomach a pointed look. "The wee one inside you disagrees." He met her gaze. "And so does our doctor." He always used inclusive words… like it meant he shared her burden-slash-blessing more than he actually did.
Or could.
As if.
Reagan brought her hands forward to palm her protruding stomach. "Yeah, well, my doctor doesn't always make the right call. I'm seven months pregnant. Of course I'm tired a lot." And, okay, her energy levels came in short bursts, but she got shit done when they came.
Ian blew out a harsh breath. "You're being stupid, Reagan. You make it sound like you have a choice when you don't." He threw his hands up. "And I'll be damned if I'm going to watch you push too hard and put yourself and our kid in danger."
Reagan refused to give in to the tears pricking behind her eyelids. Stupid hormones turned everything into emotional drama. The one thing she hated about being pregnant.
She could do crazy drama without hormones.
Ian broke into her internal monologue. "Look, Reagan. I'll make this simple. I love you and our kid more than I want to be a champion." He moved forward and cupped her face.
Reagan went from blubbery sad to red-hot pissed off in less than a millisecond. "Now who's being stupid, Ian?" She pushed him away. "You're at the top. You can't walk away now." Why the hell would he want to?
Oh, right. Her. And their unborn kid. Dammit.
Ian quirked a brow. "Oh, yeah? Watch me." He went to find his phone.
She had to stop him. If he called and canceled his next bout, he'd never forgive her. Hell, she wouldn't forgive herself.
She grabbed his arm. "If you quit now, we're done. I'll leave you." What? Sometimes she hated the way her brain worked.
Ian closed his eyes but not before she caught the flash of anger and rage in his gaze.
He yanked away from her. "No, you won't." He grabbed his phone and keys. "Because I am." Taking the five steps to the door, he slammed it shut behind him.
Reagan carefully walked to the sofa and sank down. "Stupid fucking hormones." But she couldn't blame everything on her body's chemistry.
Being told she couldn't do something never sat well with her. Yes, she balked at being left behind. Hated the horrible timing of everything. But she didn't want Ian to give up his chance to take the championship because her insecurities wouldn't take a back seat at the moment.
Closing her eyes, she massaged her stomach. "I really, really hope you're more like your dad, little person." An answering kick nudged against her fingers. "Yeah, yeah. I'll go find him." She got up and crossed the living room to retrieve her keycard and phone. "I have a feeling I know where he went."

I love writing small sexy peeks into what's going on after a couple has supposedly worked through their drama and settled into their happily ever after.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment