Sunday, June 16, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Outcasts

Happy Father's Day to anyone celebrating. For those not for whatever reason, I hope your day is filled with peace and calm and you find your joy.

It's been a really rough week. I definitely didn't make it through the worst the week prior. I had a lot more yuck to get through. Thankfully, I'm now down to some nagging congestion, but I can breathe again and I'm not coughing every five minutes, which makes me happy because we're due for some awful heat this week.

Managed to stay mostly on top of my work projects. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, but I'm within my window to meet my deadlines. Not being 100 percent isn't fun but at least I can work around being less than my best. If I had a job with set hours, I'd still probably be fighting through the slog of upper respiratory yuck.

Had a very slow week of viewing. I didn't have the brain power to get involved in much of anything but comfort shows like Perry Mason and Midsomer Murders.

I did catch another Best in Paradise and thoroughly enjoyed the introduction from Don Warrington. It's fun to hear him speak without the Caribbean accent.

I also watched another Death in Paradise and it's one I only saw bits and pieces of when it first aired. Nice to see if from start to finish.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Hopefully I'll be back to somewhat normal for next week's entry.

Tonight's post is from Outcasts, a novella that explores how protecting the ones they love brings a couple together in new ways.

Here's the miniblurb:

Frannie Boyd and Thorn O'Reilly are stuck in a bad situation with no way out. But when the people they love are threatened, they'll play hardball to protect what's theirs, even if they have to go up against an admiral to do it.

And a sneaky peek…

Giving himself over to the moment, Thorn didn’t answer. Instead, he brought his hand up, cupping Frannie's face. Letting his fingers splay along the nape of her neck, he titled his head forward until his lips met hers.
Tentative at first, they grew demanding as Frannie responded. Hauling her against him, his hands slid down her back, grasped the edge of her doubled tank tops and pulled them up until she leaned away and took over. Thorn angled back, fingers going to his fly while Frannie pulled the shirts over her head. Not taking his eyes off her, he worked the fastenings loose, shoving the pants down to his knees and sucked in a harsh breath when she reached over to pull them the rest of the way off. Time stood still as his eyes dropped to his shirt while his fingers frantically unbuttoned the buttons. Glancing up as he shrugged out of the sleeves, he stopped breathing.
Naked and beautiful, Frannie moved toward him, getting up close and personal in the way he’d dreamed about. He froze and stared, holding the moment in his mind, burning it to memory. He paused with his shirt still dangling off one arm, mesmerized by the hungry look in her eyes.
Frannie crawled up and over Thorn on her hands and knees, smiling at the stunned look on his face. Settling her ass down on his thighs she grabbed his sleeve, tugged it over his hand and let it fall to the floor. Reaching up, she pulled the bunk curtain closed, effectively cutting them off from everything else but each other.
When Thorn raised his head, Frannie met his lips with a hot, blazing kiss that scorched through his system. As he settled back against the pillow, his hands cupped her face drawing her down and she slid forward, stretching out against him. Her stomach brushed over his cock, and he moaned against her lips.
Her fingers wrapped around the length, caressing the silken skin, moving in time with the thrusts of her tongue along his. Thorn shuddered under the onslaught of her lips and hands and pulled a gasp from Frannie when his palms brushed lightly over her breasts before cupping and holding them in his hands. He relished their weight as his fingers kneaded the smooth skin, enjoying the fact that his touch had Frannie squeezing his leg between her thighs.

This story is coming together after several false starts. Thorn and Frannie aren't quite sure how they're going to function as a couple, but they don't have issues with getting physical.


 

That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment