Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Zipped Lips

Whew. Long, long week with a ton of busywork stuff along with my regular workload. I sometimes get the idea that most of my family members don't realize how long or how many phone calls it often takes to make things happen. Luckily, I'm in a position where my job isn't at stake if I need to make those frequent and often time-sucking phone calls. But… bleh.

Had an even more sporadic viewing week. I'm not fairly behind on a lot of my shows. But… I did catch up on some laundry so not a bad tradeoff. I got two episodes of Blue Heelers in while folding and stacking clothes. LOL

I got a little more of Riverdale watched but haven't finished the episode yet. I might be getting to the place where I need to switch over to music. The main reason I've been light on viewing for the past few weeks is a heavy work schedule and lots of distractions from other drama.

I have so many playlists that I listen to while driving. I should probably start listening to them while working also. Maybe I'll start that this week.

Since there's not much to report, tonight's post is from Zipped Lips, a sexy short that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Details of intimate encounters are spilled during a rousing card game and recent hookups are brought to light, but Keavy Smart and Gresham Young have the best secret—trying to keep quiet is half the fun and zipped lips means none of the crew is the wiser.

And a sneaky peek…

Gresh made it through two more hands before the interrogation started. Figured Keavy left him on the hot seat.
He shoved away from the table. "Guys, look, I'm not interested in playing question and answer right now." Scooping up the small amount he'd won, he started to rise.
Mark snorted. "You're notoriously tightlipped. You and Keavy both." He snagged the cards and started a new shuffle.
Masha barked out a laugh. "Maybe that's the secret to silent sex…" She tilted her head to one side, giving Gresh a long, considering look. "Should I grill Keavy about your methods?"
He rolled his eyes. "Still not playing." He pocketed his winnings. "But you all can start trying to keep it down and see if you can discover the secret." Smirking on his way out the door, he whistled an off-key tune until he rounded the corner.
Breathing a sigh of relief, he hit the head. "No way am I sharing the down and dirty details of my sex life." Right… not that he had much of one right now.
Oh, he had a healthy fantasy life with his perfect woman.
Washing his hands, he glanced in the mirror over the sink. "Might help if you actually tried the real thing, dumbass." He grabbed some paper towels, dried off, and exited the bathroom.
He might have to consider testing the waters with his ideal companion.
And maybe find out if silent sex could be a thing.
Chuckling, he shook his head. "Somehow I doubt it… at least not with the woman I have in mind." She'd probably punch him for even thinking she couldn't stay quiet.
But experience suggested she'd be hard-pressed to keep the details to herself.
That tight-lipped thing, though… His curiosity piqued because he had yet to hear anything about her hooking up with anyone.
Maybe… Nah. Not possible. His dream woman probably had a marine sergeant stashed away somewhere that scratched that particular itch when needed.
He snorted. "Maybe I should find one of those."

Needless to say, Keavy doesn't have a marine sergeant stashed anywhere. Gresh needs to make his move.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment