Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Snippet: Dance with Destiny

March 1, 2020

Well … the beginning of my birthday week is off to a chilly start. The good news is the temps are supposed to warm up this week, which is kind of nice. I could use a little mild weather to improve my mood. The other good news is our new roof did indeed fix the leak situation. We had several days of icy rain and no drips!

Busy week on the work front again. I like having multiple projects but a particularly brutal edit made for a long seven days. I'm looking forward to the new week.

Light viewing schedule for television. I needed to focus on work in a big way. I finished up the premiere episode of Strike Back and, okay, Coltrane's attitude improved. Hmm. Maybe not improved, but at least I get why he's kind of off the rails. A terrific episode overall.

Watched two more episodes of Gargoyles and I think I missed both in the original run. I enjoyed viewing the new-to-me ones.

Caught another episode of Arrow and thoroughly enjoyed the somewhat insane mix of past and present in the aptly titled "Present Tense" episode. I'm looking forward to a return to Russia in the next one.

Watched an episode of Murdoch Mysteries and quite liked revisiting an old nemesis of William's, especially since he's been somewhat converted into an ally. I also loved the intrigue of having Brackenreid's daughter meet his wife.

Stared an episode of Riverdale and got sidetracked with work. I'm hoping to finish up soon and maybe see the end of the farmies once and for all. Fingers crossed.

Other than the above, I caught an airing of Grease 2, which is actually one of my all-time favorite movies. I even like it better than the original. I also did a marathon of mystery movies on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries.

That's pretty much it for television. Tonight's post is from Dance with Destiny, book two in a trilogy I'm currently calling the Destiny series. An actual title will hopefully be forthcoming.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A prophecy discovered leads to a dance with destiny. Quillan and Jeb have to find their way back to each other and might just tempt fate to do it.

And a sneaky peek…

Jeb Paldino jolted awake. "What the hell?" Memories assailed him.
Victor's setup of Quillan. Ashford's betrayal. And everyone thinks I'm dead because of it.
He groaned. "Including Quillan." He didn't know how he had the knowledge, but she'd made it back to the fleet.
A barrage of images flooded his mind. Quick snatches showing how Quillan escaped, of Ty loading Jeb on the transport, how Quill sat in an isolation chamber with fluids being pumped into her, and how he, apparently, ended up in his current location. Shaking his head, Jeb fought a wave of nausea trying to climb up his throat. For whatever odd reason, he didn't question the information pinging in his brain.
And he believed the depiction of events.
Exhaling slowly, he swung his gaze around the space. "Not much on decoration." Plain gray walls, no windows, and the distinct lack of an engine's hum. "I'm not on a ship." He had no clue whether that even mattered.
He tried to stand but a sharp, stabbing throb pounded at his temples. "Okay, not ready for that yet." But he didn't want to recline either.
The lack of restraints indicated his captors didn't worry about him escaping. Which probably meant he couldn't, or if he did, he'd have nowhere to go. A gentle wash of a large stone structure surrounded by dense forests on all sides sifted through his mind.
 Again, a mild roiling of his stomach hit when the image faded. "Yeah, yeah, I get the message." He'd love to know how the weird form of communication happened.
For now, he'd play the waiting game. And think.
Because a traitor held one of the top ranks in the military and Jeb had to get his head wrapped around how to deal with the knowledge. After that, he could figure out where the hell he'd been taken and how to get back to the fleet.
Because he would get home. He had a future with Quillan he wanted to start living.

I truly love where this story is going and the sages are feeding me info on the third book also. My goal is to finish all three before releasing anything, mainly so I don't lose the intricacies of the plot points.



That's it for this week. Catch everyone on the flipside.

ML Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment